Chapter 4

I didn't get any sleep last night. Because I can't sleep. Some teenagers tell people they can't sleep when they can but they just don't try. I, on the other hand, actually can't sleep. I'm dead. But I'm not even tired. In fact, I'm energized.

I get out of bed when my alarm clock blares at me and go to grab my jacket but soon realize I'm not cold. I guess the dead don't feel the cold. I go to the bathroom and skip splashing my face with water. I still gasp when I see my reflection. Normally when I got up, my hair was tangled and all over the place. But now, my hair falls over my shoulders and I can run my fingers through it. Even though I didn't sleep last night I have no dark circles. I guess being a freak of nature has its perks.

I decide to part my hair down the middle and keep it straight, making my hair go down to my ribs. I go into my room and smile when I see my outfit. When my mom goes shopping she always gets me clothes to wear, but I never wore them since they weren't my style. But now that I'm dead I'm a whole new person. I grab the red tank top and slip it on. After that, I put on my black skinny jeans. They were a bit tight but that because they never have been worn. Then I go to my shoe rack. I go through all the boxes till I find the pair I'm looking for. In the back of the rack I see the box that holds my high heeled combat boots. I put them on and, surprisingly, I can actually walk in them.

I walk into the bathroom and look at the foundation on my sink. If I would put that on it would make me look like a clown. I pinch my cheek to see if it would turn pink. Nothing. Guess I don't need foundation anymore. I put on eyeliner and mascara. The pale skin and white hair with the black eyeliner really made my eyes look icy. I put on some grayish, nude lipstick and take a full look at myself. The red tank top hugs my curves in all the right places. The skinny jeans actually show I have legs instead of hiding them like my other jeans did, and the shoes made me taller. My hair and makeup made me look like a different person but still the same.

In my opinion, I looked hot.

I walk downstairs and am about to start walking to school when an idea pops in my head. I walk over to my mom and dad with a smile on my face.

"Hey guys. Can I borrow your car for today?" I ask.

"Who is this? This can't be my daughter!" my mom squeals while running over to me to give me a hug. I hug her back and squeeze her. "Ow! Wow, Amara. You got strong." My mom laughs.

"Sorry," I giggle. "So can I borrow it?"

"Go crazy, sweetheart!" my mom goes over to the key holder and throws me the keys. I catch them and go out to the car. I open up the door to the garage and look at the car I get to drive. It's a black mustang and really, really fast. I open the door and put my leather backpack in the passenger seat. I back out of the garage and head to the gas station to get some gas in the tank. I arrive after a little bit and hop out of the car and start to fill my car with gas. When I'm done I go into the gas station and give the guy my ticket.

"I was at number three." I say. He looks up with bored eyes till he sees me. His eyes scan my body and a smirk forms on his lips.

"You're number one in my book, sweetheart." He leans over the counter, crossing his arms. I lean over the table getting really close to him and tell him again.

"I was number three." He grabs my ticket and I give him the money before he can say anything else. I walk out and start going to my car when he walks out and runs up to me.