Jessie and Becky Join Forces; Millicent is Concerned

I am Millicent Roberts and I am stuck in a classroom with a brute named Laurie. He is a menace and a big bully. I hate him so much. This child has ruined the school day so many times I can't even count. But I can only count to 20, oh well. Anyways, just a few days ago he harmed me. He assaulted me with a seesaw and made me bleed! Who dropped him on the head at birth? Ugh, sometimes I wish I could just slap him but that would make me a brute and I will not lower myself to his standards. The other kids in this classroom have nowhere near my level of intelligence.

Anyways our teacher is calling for silence. Laurie has lately been 'reformed' but I don't believe his act. For me, the final straw was last week when he did nothing bad. That is not in his nature. He is plotting something and I know it. The teacher took attendance and we began Circle Time. I prefer Reading Time but whatever. Now we have stations and I am stuck with Laurie and this girl name Jessie. Laurie has an evil face on but I am the only one who notices. After two switches, Laurie whispers something into Jessie's ear. She gasps and shakes her head.

"Do it," Laurie growls.

"No," Jessie squeaks.

"DO IT!" Laurie says more forcefully.

"Fine," she says reluctantly.

All at once she yells. It just wasn't a yell. She yells a bad word. Not just a bad word. A really bad word. A curse word. She yells it twice. I can't believe my ears. I look at her in disbelief. The teacher grabs her by the ear and pulls her towards the bathroom.

As she is sucked into a room of torture, she yells: "Laurie made me!"

"Yeah, sure sweetie. Laurie is nicer now, and you know better than that.", the teacher says nonchalantly. She gives me a pleading look as she disappears into the room. I look at Laurie and see a smirk sitting on his face. I stare at him in disgust. He continues playing as if nothing happened.

The teacher comes back with Jessie hysterically crying. I feel bad for her. Laurie grins evilly. Then he yells the curse word he forced Jessie to say. He says 4 times. What is wrong with him? What goes in his brain?

The teacher grabs him by the ear as he grins maniacally.

" Laurie! We talked about this! What happened! You were doing so good! You must have made poor Jessie say the word! Shame on you!" the teacher scolds.

"Sorry, Ms. Manin. Can't help it." he says as he gives a sheepish smile.

"Don't you dare be fresh with me, young man. I thought we were done with this phase. Let's go to bathroom."

Laurie tries to wriggle out of her grip but fails.

"You're not getting out of this, young man," says the teacher. 'He better not.' I thought. He gets away with too many things. I ask Jessie if she's okay and she nods her head. We continue playing. We get through the day without any other mishaps. Soon enough our teacher tells us to clean up. Oh thank goodness. It's the end of the school day. I can't wait to get home and tell my parents everything. They really want to meet Laurie's parents, so do I. What type of people have raised Laurie. They must be horrible people. Oh, and there's my mom.

10 years later

"You were such a horrible kid." I say.

"Was not." he responds.

"Yeah you were."

"Humph."

"You baby."

Hi, it's Millicent here and I'm with Laurie. Yeah, that kid who dropped a seesaw on me. He is my friend now. I guess people can change. I just didn't expect it from him.