Chapter 1: Little Sister?!

*INSIDE THE LIVING ROOM*

"We have a sister? That's impossible!" Ayato slumps down the chair, kinda ticked off on what's going on. "Kid, give me that letter!"

"Be kind to her Ayato. You're scaring her. Just give him the letter." (Reiji)

"Be a good girl Mayumi and give the letter to your big brother Ayato. Don't worry, he won't bite... Unless you're a human." Laito chuckles.

"Hurry up and give me the letter!" (Ayato)

"Hai." Mayumi gives him the letter, and Ayato takes it greedily. He quickly reads it, and throws it afterwards. "Bullshit."

"Ayato, there's a kid." (Subaru)

"And like the heck I care about it!" (Ayato)

"Hm..." Kanato, with Teddy, looks closely at Mayumi, and she hugs her own teddy bear tighter. "You also have your own Teddy, huh? Guess you have a playmate now Teddy..." (Kanato)

"Is she a human?" (Subaru)

"Hm... Mayumi, come here for a second." (Reiji)

Mayumi runs to Reiji, and he opens her mouth to check for any fangs. Indeed, she does, but somewhat very small.

"She's one of us. Yet, her fangs are quite smaller though." (Reiji)

"Ow... Too bad! Well, she's lucky enough. If she was human, you know already what's gonna happen. Oh, just imagine on how she'll-" (Laito)

"Oh, just stop it. So, how old are you Mayumi?" (Shu)

Mayumi didn't talk, but she raised her hands and made the number 10 using her fingers.

"You're 10? So, where is your mother? Why did she send you here?" (Shu)

"Easy with questions Shu. Don't you see that you're scaring our dear little sister here? Don't worry, Yumi-chan, Shu is very nice, and I could reassure you, he knows something about you." (Laito)

"No I don't." (Shu)

Mayumi stared at everyone blankly.

"Mayumi? Where's your mother?" (Reiji)

Mayumi looks at Reiji, then she smiles innocently at everyone, "I killed her." Then she went back to her blank expression and sat down at the couch while hugging her stuff animal.

Everyone wanted to scold her, but they knew they also did the same thing as her. Silence took over, as no one spoke for about 5 minutes (Laito: Well that was awkward).

Reiji clears his throat, and pushes his glasses up. "Well Mayumi, welcome to the family."

Mayumi simply nods.

"She doesn't speak much." (Subaru)

"Oh come, little Yumi-chan is just too shy to talk to us, that's all. Isn't that right, Yumi-chan?" (Laito)

"As long as Mayumi's stuff toys could play with Teddy, I'm fine with that. Isn't that right Teddy?" Kanato hugs Teddy tighter, and smiles creepily at Mayumi.

"Little sister... Huh?" (Shu)

"Shu? You know something about this?" (Ayato)

"What do you think?" Shu slumps back to the other couch, eyes closed while listening to his music on his headphones.

"Tell us bastard!" (Ayato)

"Relax Ayato. And how about try to lessen your yelling? You're scaring our little sister here." Laito goes to Mayumi, and pats her head gently. "Don't worry Mayumi. Just stick to me and everything's gonna be fine."