🌕

This takes place a few days after the
last chapter

"Where are we going?" Patrick asked as he followed Gar down a dirt path. When Gar had said he wanted to show him something, he didn't expect to be led into the woods. He couldn't complain though, just from what he had seen since they began the walk was breath taking. It was the way the sun filtered through the trees gave the area a fantasy like feel. The colorful wildflowers that bordered the dirt path seemed to glow when the sunlight hit them. It was magical.

"You'll see in a second, we're almost there," Gar replied, he looked over at Patrick who was looking at birds fly over head. Gar smiled, a look of adoration resting on his face before Patrick turned to look back at him. Gar, realizing he had been staring, turned to look away.

"Oh, here we are," Gar exclaimed as he grabbed Patrick's arm and pulled him into a clearing. He heard Patrick let out a gasp as he looked across the field, the wildflowers streching across it til the other side of the clearing. The soft cool breeze that swept around them contrasted against the warmth of the sun.

To the left of the feild was a tree providing shade to the area around it. Under the tree was a basket with a blanket folded nicely on top. Gar led Patrick to it, reluctantly letting go of his arm to spread the blanket over the ground. The two sat, Gar nervously looking to Patrick as he waited for any kind of reaction. Patrick looked over the feild once more before turning to look at Gar smiling.

"Well, this is nice," he said. Gar let out a sigh before smiling back at Patrick before he opened the basket and pulled out some juice boxes and chips.

"I, uh, I wasn't able to get a lot of... A lot of food, because you know the whole no one can see me thing, but I was able to get this..." Gar said, he adverted his eyes down away from Patrick as he bit his lip. He heard Patrick chuckle beside him and he looked up.

"Is this a date? Did you go through all of this to take me on a date?" Patrick held his hand dramatically to his chest as he spoke. Gar's eyes widened as his face turned red.

"No, no of course not! I just thought you would enjoy a nice little..." Gar bit his lip as he tried to remember the word, "a nice little picnic! It's not a 'date', I saw a guy bring his friend here a few days ago and they did the same thing!" Gar finished, crossing his arms over his chest. Patrick looked at Gar smiling, his own face red.

"And let me guess; was his 'friend' a girl?"

"Yes, but I don't see why that has anything to do with it!" Gar replied, he angrily poked his straw into his juice box.

"That has everything to do with it! It was a date Gar! Why would he bring her if it wasn't a date? Hmmm?" Patrick leaned in closer to Gar as he awaited for the answer. Gar shifted a little with the loss of personal space, his face turning even redder.

"Maybe because he wanted to be nice and see her happy? He said that he thought she would enjoy it! What, can a guy not take another guy out with out not wanting to kiss him?!" Gar shouted as he fell backwards. Patrick laughed some more as he moved away.

"So you want to kiss me now? Is that it?" Patrick asked, smiling as Gar's foot kicked his side.

"Just shut up and drink your juice box," Gar murmured not getting up. Patrick grabbed his own box of juice, poking a hole with the straw before taking a sip.

"Thank you for the date," Patrick said cheekily, earning another kick to the arm. He laughed again looking down at Gar with smile, Gar noticed smiling back shyly before covering his face with his arm.

It was a nice date.