Chapter 17

3 Weeks later (Thanksgiving)

I wake up bright and early excited about dinner tonight. Steven will be joining us and so will Lucas. It will probably be awkward, but I think Steven has finally learned that Lucas and I are just friends. 

After the party, Steven and I met up and he was pretty pissed until I apologized and told him what happened. He felt like a complete ass of course but that's what he gets. 

Lucas still jokes with me about getting drunk and finds it the funniest thing in the world. He didn't know, heck I didn't know, I was such a lightweight. Luckily Skyee didn't find out what happened so I'm safe... for now. 

Knock

Knock

"Yes?" I call

My door opens to reveal mom. "Good morning sweetheart. I just wanted to let you know I'm going to start cooking soon and wanted to see if you wanted to help"

"Sure mom. I can do dessert?" I smile. I love baking and she knows it. 

"That's perfect. Um Skyee will be out until later, I believe she is hanging out at Lucas' before dinner so it will just be us"

"Where's Brooke?" I question

Mom leans against the door as she tries to recall. She claims that her memory is leaving her because dementia runs in her family and it sucks. "She and your dad went shopping for your birthday I believe"

I grin at that because it will be my eighteenth birthday and I'm super excited. "Okay, mom I'll be down in a second. Let me change into some sweats and I'll be down" 

"Alright," she closes the door as she leaves my room. I love the holidays so much because this is the time when there are fewer fights and more love in my home. 

I check my phone before I change and notice a text from Steven. 

Steven: Good morning beautiful! I'm excited about dinner tonight :) Can't wait to see you :*

Me: I'm excited too! I'll save you a seat next to me ;) I gotta go but I'll see you at five 

I put my phone down and put my grey sweatpants on and a loose tank-top. I head downstairs to start making dessert. I'm thinking blueberry cobbler, apple pie, and my famous vanilla cupcakes. 

I'll start cooking desserts at one so I'll just clean up a bit until then. "Mom do you need anything cleaned specifically at the moment?" I yell from the living room. 

"Can you clean up the living room and dining room first? After that the bathrooms and that should be good" she pauses, "Also can you put out some fall decor that makes this house look more welcoming?" She asks. 

"Sure mom" I put my bed hair into a ponytail and got started cleaning. 

I start in the living room by picking up trash, clothes, and random books/ magazines. I organize the mess of shoes by the front door and put them on the bench with the cubby at the bottom. I then dust and light a few candles to let the house get that simple homy smell. 

After I finished the living room I got started in the dining room. I put the tablecloth down and then began to set the table. I put down my great grandma's china and was sure to be extra careful with that. I don't feel like getting yelled at today. I then begin to sweep the floor and pick up any randomly misplaced objects. 

Then it was time for the bathroom. Luckily it was not that messy. I cleaned the sink and toilet to make it sparkling and pearly white. I then put a new roll of toilet paper on the rack and threw away the trash in the trash can. I wanted to give it that hotel bathroom vibe. I wanted that feeling of walking into a freshly cleaned bathroom.