Unafraid

Taehyung's P.O.V.:

"Release me!" she yelled

"As you wish." I said and let go, making her fall back into the water.

"Why you!- What was that for?!"

"I did as you wished." I said finding this a bit humorous. "I'm surprised you didn't attempt to escape this time."

"Just give me the cloth." she said annoyed.

I handed it to her and she wrapped herself. She then caught me staring and glared at me.

"What are you looking at?!"

"You."

She just gave me another nasty glare before walking ahead. Unconsciously, a smile crawled on my face as I watched her stomp her way back.

It was late and she seemed to be more calm than usual. Maybe because of the wash. It was time for her to go to sleep and so I stood there watching her. The clothes I gave her were more thin and a bit loose, yet I was still able to make out her figure. As she tried to get comfortable on the bed, I couldn't help but stare at her body. The image of her at the hot spring wouldn't leave my mind. I was too busy spacing off, I didn't hear her calling me.

"Kim fucking Taehyung, I'm talking to you!" she yelled

I was taken back by her foul mouth and attitude towards me. Not to mention she called me by my full name. I looked at her sternly though. Even if she was my test subject, I wasn't going to let her talk to me such a way.

"What is it?" I said in a serious tone.

"Took you long enough-" I cut her off and held her tightly from the neck.

"Look here human! The only reason I'm keeping you alive is because I have plans for you, so don't fucking push it! If I don't allow my subjects to treat me with disrespect, what makes you think I'm going to let a weak human such as yourself address me like that!" I said almost growling

She looked at me in the eyes, not losing contact. However, she didn't seem to show fear.

"W-Who are y-you calling weak?!" she said struggling as I still had a tight grip on her.

"You are weak! You hide behind your big mouth, because deep down you know you're afraid of not being strong enough! Well let me tell you that it's the truth! You're not! Guess why you're here in the first place, and who's fault it is. You can't expect to win against me!"

"...You don't know me...It's not like a demon like you can understand...You can call it whatever you want, foolishness, stubbornness...I won't succumb to fear, especially come to fear a despicable creature as yourself.." Her voice was a bit shaky, lacking air.

I let go of her and she gasped as she held her neck. I walked up to the lamp and turned it off. I sat down on the chair next to the bed, she only looked away from me as she sat up on her knees.

"..What did you want?"

"Nothing. I'm going to sleep." she said laying down.

Moments later, I looked at her, resting peacefully as her breathing became steady. I released her hands from my enchantment, so she could regain her energy completely. Besides that, I was getting a bit tired myself again. I leaned my head back and at the corner of my eye I kept watch.

"..How can you be this fearless of me?" I thought

Your P.O.V.:

I laid on the cold floor, unaware of how I got here, nor did I question it. I just stayed there, motionless. I heard steps coming closer and out of the darkness came a familiar figure.

"Hello sweetie.."

I didn't respond, but kept staring at her.

"How does it feel to be back? Not too good, huh. Though you have to admit it could be worse."

For once she was right.

"So what? Are you just going to lay there? Not do or say anything? Did you accept defeat?"

"..No, I'm not done yet. I still got more fight in me left. I'm just waiting for the right time."

"Right time for what? To escape? For your fellow men to rescue you?"

"..After you left me, I was taught to depend on others and not to depend. I shall seek my own fate." I said getting on my knees.

She walked up to me and cupped my face. Her dark orbs would sink into mine.

"I never left you sweetie..I'm still here. Eomma will always be here to watch over you. Who else will watch over you?...Especially now since your pathetic friend is dead. Eri-"

"Don't you dare mention her! She's not pathetic! Don't you talk about her that way!"

"Oh my, did I hurt your feelings sweetie? Then whose fault was it that you're here, captive? Hers? Yours? The council's?" She let go and walked backwards towards the darkness.

I looked down and clenched my chest, "I-It's..my fault..If only I listened..if only she was here...I-"

"What have I taught you?" a gentle voice echoed "Regret is but a wasted emotion..it becomes a weakness."

"..Erica??" I said immediately looking up.

"Y/N..Get up. Get up lieutenant! Don't get comfortable, keep your head up! Always remember that the war will begin and end in your mind. Don't slack off or become careless. Know your enemy, point out their weaknesses. Don't forget what I've taught you Y/N.. Remember that bravery doesn't mean to be fearless, but that even through fear, we're still willing to face it no matter what..You must also have courage...you have to get up, but not give up..Even if you fail a million times, don't you dare give up...Your mistakes don't define you Y/N, nor the warrior that you are.."

She walked up to me, smiling like she used to. That smile, always let me knew things were going to be fine. She knelt down and softly rubbed my head. I couldn't help it, as I felt something warm fall down my cheek. She wiped it with her thumb, before she was dragged from me.

"E-Erica?, Erica?! Erica! Come back! I need you!"

My eyes shot open, I was panting, sweating, and the first face I saw was his. He looked confused at my state. His hands on my shoulders. Out of instinct I grabbed tightly on his neck and turned us around, hovering over him. I looking directly into his eyes. He grabbed onto my arms as he grit his teeth. However I continued to press as I felt myself stronger as my strength felt restored.

 All that passed my mind was to have her...that they bring her back...The feeling of adding pressure, made me believe I could get her back, but as time passed I knew I couldn't. It caused me a moment of weakness as my grip loosened a bit, he took advantage and turned us over. I didn't add anymore pressure, in fact I was slowly releasing. I gasped a bit and my chest was becoming steady, but it continued to ache. I could feel the warmth accumulate on the corners of my eyes. My hands slid down from his neck to his chest unconsciously. My eyes were slowly closing, making the warmth from one corner fall, but stopped before it did. I opened them, to look at him. He wiped my tear with his thumb, only making me remember her even more.

"..Don't let me see you like this again.. I can only hold myself back for so long.." he said in a low tone, and let go of me.

I was about to sit up and he was going to get up until the bed suddenly broke down. Without thinking, I quickly grabbed onto whatever was at hand...it turned out to be him. He looked at me with wide eyes, and so did I, mostly because of the shock.

"... Why is it, that you get scared because of a bed breaking down, but not in my presence? Am I some kind of joke?" he said in disbelief.

I stayed quiet as I looked at the marks I left on his neck, yet he seemed mostly disturbed by me not taking him seriously. Now he knows how I felt when I first met him. He looked away and stood up straight. He walked out of the room, just leaving me there without an enchanted rope or surveillance. I was still trying to get a grip of my emotions as I stood up. I looked back at the damaged bed. Guess it couldn't handle our little wrestle. I looked at the door, wondering if he was going to barge in at any moment, but he didn't...