Chapter 6: Come Back

--Ontario--

It had been nearly two days since Stryker's men shot him with a dart. Two days for Logan to rebuild his life before it turns into shit once more. He was there sitting on the front seat, drinking beer and smoking on his cigar. All he bought as clothes for the last few days were a sleeveless white shirt, a brown coat, some pants and shoes. Being back in Ontario felt great, it had lot of supplies for him. Stryker and his A.I.M. were still looking. They had just finished searching in Quebec and would slowly work their way towards Ontario. It was probably about time that Logan left so he could hide.

Logan's truck was parked beside a field of flowers. It was early morning as other trucks were passing by. The other thing that was also on the news were the Avengers, they were already credited by the government for their hard work in saving New York. As well as the Fantastic Four, they were helping S.H.I.E.L.D. build a foundation for their new base. And about the X-Men? Absolutely jackshit.

"When will Scott and Hank start doing shit that actually matters?" Logan thought.

He checked his leg once again. It had completely healed yesterday; the effect of the dart didn't last long. But he was impressed with Stryker finding a way to stop the mutant gene. William Stryker, already at an old age but is still finding a way to mess with Logan's life. Typical asshole. He looked at his arm and thought of doing something. He got his claws out and started to slice open his arm.

Blood came dripping from his arm and into the floor of the truck. He didn't care if he just bought new clothes. It was an experiment if he still had his regeneration factor intact. During his younger years, once he was sliced, shot or anything that dealed lethal damage, no blood would come out because of how fast it could regenrate. Now, blood would come out normally because of how his old age has caught up with him. Once he was finished, he looked at his side mirror and saw a cop walking towards him. He lowered the window so the cop could see him.

"Good morning, officer. Anything wrong that I've done today or the past few days?" Logan asked, looking straight ahead.

"There has been, sir. I'm afraid that you could not park here, this isn't a free way. May I check the items at the back of your car?" The policeman said.

"Sure thing, officer." Logan gave a key to unlock the back of the car as the policeman proceeded to go to the back. "Motherfuckin' cops." Logan muttered.

The policeman started checking the back. Logan just kept on looking at the field. Another beautiful thing to look at, especially at 7:00 in the morning. He wanted to buy a book just for sketching, even though it looks like he was a kid, because he was bored most of the time. He was interrupted by the policeman.

"Um... excuse me. I checked the back and it's fine. Just a few beer bottles to go and you're back home. But may I ask you to hand over your driver's liscense." The policeman said

Logan was glad the only thing that he managed to keep the entire journey was his wallet. He still had $25 in his wallet as the remaining amount of money he had. The other cash was spent mostly on his clothes, gas and beer.

"Here. If you want, you can keep it." Logan smiled at the cop. When the cop received it, he gave a dirty look at him.

"So, you like to make jokes." The policeman said, checking his driver's license.

"I'm not the joking type. So, officer, am I free to go?" Logan asked.

"Looks good enough. Here you go." The policeman said handing over the driver's license. "But the next time someone catches you, you're going to pay for an amount of money. Have a nice day."