Chapter One |S| Old Memories

I fixed my eyes onto the song sheet I was writing for the next Bendy episode "The Lighter Side Of Hell". I loved my job, but months after with the creative juices flowing down, it became difficult to write songs with the energy I had so long ago. Music was my passion, I enjoyed singing and playing instruments, he said that someday I'd be going places, and here I am. Luckily I manage to get songs done on time. Speaking of which, I finally finished the song sheet's last page.

I stood up from my chair and stretched my arms, hearing a satisfying crack from my back. Leaning over my desk to work was tiring, so I went to the break room for a cup of coffee. When I got there, I sat with my friends Wally Franks and Susie Campbell as we talked about the ink machine Joey Drew installed two weeks ago.

"I don't see why we need that machine. It's noisy, it's messy and who needs that much ink anyway?" Wally said. "The pipes even bursted seven times these two weeks!" Susie added "what's wrong with normal inkwells? It would obviously be easier then having a machine to transfer ink throughout the entire studio.". "Yeah, and Joey's solution? The ink control pump to drain the ink periodically, now I've got that ugly switch sitting in my office...people in and out everyday..." I groaned "Thanks Joey...just what I need...more distractions...these stupid cartoon songs don't write themselves you know...". "Aw, don't be blue Sammy, despite distractions, your songs always turn out great!" Susie said, jokingly leaning on my shoulder.

Regardless of the problems here, Wally was a good person to talk about problems with and Susie really loved singing, something me and her had in common. Susie had a beautiful singing voice, and was truthfully more closer to her than Wally.

"Speaking of which, hows the new song coming?" Susie asked. "Finally finished." I replied. "Jesus...not again..." Wally said as all three of us looked up at one of the ink pipes. "Well that's the eighth time it bursted..." Susie muttered as the crack in the pipe grew larger, more ink cascaded onto the floor. Beyond where we were sitting, the same crack noises echoed through halls. Great...the place is gonna flood again...I thought.

"Well, time to go flip the switch." Susie said. "I gotta dig out the mops for the extra cleaning." Wally added. "I'll go flip the pump control..." I said. "I just hope these ink floods won't be any trouble for the new guy." Wally muttered. "New guy?" I asked. "Yeah, his name's Henry Stein," Wally replied "He's a new animator here.".

Henry stein? I knew him from high school. He was like one of the popular people. Even though others believe "school popularity", Henry was well known for drawing basically, the best artist in the whole school. And now he's an animator, I'm not surprised. Lots of people always wanted to talk with him back then, hell, I talked to him quite a few times as well. I still when we first met, but that was a long time ago. The soft spoken man that everyone looked up to-including myself-most likely didn't remember me by now. Yet I feel flustered that Henry now works in the same place as me.

I made my way back to my office as the ink had quickly risen up to three feet up my leg. When I was close to my office, I heard the familiar loud creak of the pump control switch that always irritated me. I stopped as the ink started to go down and I could hear Joeys voice.

"Ah, so them ink pipes burst once and awhile-". You mean a lot? I said in my head. "-But when that happens, just pull the pump control switch right hear in Mr. Lawrence's office." he continued. "Mr. Lawrence?" a soft, serene, familiar voice asked.

Henry?

"Sammy Lawrence is the music director, he makes the songs for our cartoons." Joey replied as he walked out of my office. "Ah, Mr. Lawrence, we have a new recruit to Sillyvision, would you mind showing the new guy around? Thanks." Joey said before I could give him an answer. Although I honestly didn't mind.