Chapter 4

It's been about 2 weeks since that game where Kent had saw the mysterious girl at the concession. He really hasn't paid the situation much attention, but he definitely hasn't forgot about it. The only thing anybody was thinking about nowadays was homecoming.

"You have a date for homecoming yet?" Kent asked Cal while they were walking to their next class.

"C'mon man. You already know how the ladies love me. Of course I have a date."

Kent couldn't help but laugh at his overconfident friend.

"The real question is did you find someone to go with?"

"I'm probably not going. I may just catch everyone afterwards at the parties," Kent replied.

"You have to go man! It's our senior homecoming dance!

"Even if I was to go, the dance is this Friday and I don't even have a date."

"Kent, the dance could've been tonight and you could've still found a date. You could've asked a girl that already had a date, and she'd leave him for you."

Kent was as humble as they come when it came to his ability to pull girls, but Cal knew the reality of it.

"Whatever you say man," Kent says smiling. "Who would I even ask?"

Cal responded like he was waiting for him to ask. He started naming ever girl that came to mind.

"Well there's that girl in our gym class. I think her name is Melody. She seems nice. What about her?"

"I thought she had a boyfriend."

"I heard they broke up last week," Cal interjected.

"I'm not taking a recently separated girl to homecoming. They'll probably end up back together before then anyway."

"Yeah, you're probably right. Well you have Zaria from your chemistry class. She's single."

Kent gave Cal the craziest look. Cal knew that Zaria was "easiest" girl in school. It's so many stories about her having sex, that you'd think she would need crutches to walk.

"So yeah, I don't know who I want to take to the dance," Kent continued obviously ignoring Cal's dumb suggestion.

"You're so picky ya' know that. "

"I prefer the term 'selective'," KJ said smiling.

"Well there's this new girl that transferred here today. I don't know her name, but i saw her before 1st block, and she's hot. What about her?"

"Your mom ever told you about talking to strangers?"

"You're unbelievable," Cal says shaking his head.

"That's my middle name kid."

          The two went off to their 2nd block class. Kent had Art. The tardy bell had rung just after Kent walked into class. That happened so much that the other students actually believe that the bell waits for him to walk in class to ring. Kent walked past the teachers desk and a couple of other students' desk until he made it to his own in the back of the class. Since it was homecoming week, all they did in class was design homecoming posters and other stuff for the school. Kent, being the excellent artist that he is, was already finished with his poster, so he basically had a free class for the week. He just sat his things to the side and took out his phone and slipped in some headphones while the other kids talked to each and worked on homecoming decorations. About 45 minutes into class that their was a knock at the door.