royal

requests?

tord set the jewelled gold crown atop his horned honey-brown hair, a small smirk on his face.

royal. he was royal. and he loved it.

he loved the attention. he loved how girls and guys would throw themselves at him. everyone would bow down without complaint.

well... everyone except one.

tom was a citizen of tord's kingdom. he hated tord. he hated tord's personality. he hated tord's constant want and need for any kind of praise.

on the other hand, tord felt the opposite towards tom. he loved tom. he loved tom's personality. he loved tom's constant want and need for any way to be alone.

you may be wondering: how did a royal prince meet a lowly citizen? and, more importantly, how did he fall in love?

tord strolled through the small town, the heels of his black boots clicking on the cobblestone. people stared admiringly at tord, most of them bowing and smiling at him.

he flashed a smile at the women and winked at the men, dramatically flicking his cape, twirling, and giving a small bow.

they went wild.

tord didn't exactly know why so many of the town's citizens loved him. maybe it was because he was a prince? or maybe it was because of his dashing looks? maybe his smile? his eyes? personality? whatever it was, tord was happy.

he straightened up again, gaze scanning the crowd. a playful smirk was on his face.

then, his eyes met a pair of jet black ones. it was like they weren't there. voids of endless darkness.

tord was enthralled.

the eyes belonged to a scruffy-haired brunette male. his face was contorted into what seemed a permanent frown. he only looked even more disgusted once tord looked at him.

tord felt impelled to talk to him, and so, he did.

the prince slowly padded over to the eyeless stranger, hands behind his back neatly, chest puffed out, back straight, just like he'd been taught. tord leaned down into a small bow, taking the male's hand and placing a gentle kiss on his knuckles.

a couple of gasps sounded, murmurs rippling throughout the busy streets.

"and who do i have the pleasure of meeting?" tord purred, his voice smooth as he stood back up normally.

quickly pulling his hand away and scowling, he said, "it's tom." the male growled lowly while wiping his hand on his dirtied trousers.

"tom. what a beautiful name," tord complimented. "did you know the name thomas belongs to an apostle in-" he began to speak.

"i don't care." tom quickly cut him off, raising a hand to tord's face to emphasize his point. "if you don't mind, i came here to buy things, not talk to you." he brushed past tord without another word.

tord stood still, baffled that he hadn't been able to woo tom. he furrowed his eyebrows before turning and catching up to tom, walking beside him to match his pace. "you're a tough one, huh?"

"what do you want?" tom huffed. he tightened his grip on the strap of his satchel.

"to talk to you," tord answered, unfazed by the sour attitude. "you seem like a great guy. i think i fell in love with you the moment my eyes met yours."

tom stopped dead in his tracks, tord stopping as well and looking at him.
"listen, turd," he hissed, poking at tord's chest with his finger. "i don't like you. can't you tell? you're a snobby, rich, brat."

tord stared at tom, his heart fluttering. he wasn't exactly focused on the other male's words; just the way tom's eyebrows furrowed in anger, the way his teeth clenched-

"stop staring at me!" tom snapped.

"oh-! was i staring? i had no idea." tord shook his head. "but, thomas-"

"not my name."

"-i truly believe we are meant to be." he kneeled down in front of tom and took both of his hands. "i love you, thomas. take my hand in marriage."

"are you mad!? no!!" now there was a dark red blush on tom's cheeks, harshly pulling his hands away. "i barely know you, and i- i hate you!"

tord abruptly stood back up and wrapped his arms around tom's waist, pulling him close. "but i love you!!"

"no!"

"yes!"

"no!"

"yes!"

"n-"

tom was cut off by a sudden kiss from tord, both their lips meeting. the brit let out a surprised, "mmph!?" while tord tried desperately not to let him escape.

a few moments of struggling passed before tom could shove tord away.

"gross!" he exclaimed, roughly wiping his mouth with the back of his hand and blushing. "leave me alone!" tom turned and stormed off, fuming.

"till we meet again, my love~!" tord called after him with a smile.