Chapter 1

I was greeted at the door by Akease's cooking . She like the woman of the house . She do all the cooking cleaning and motherly duties . " Aye , y'all I'm home !" I said walking towards my bedroom , loosening my tie . I was getting undressed until akease walked in . 'long day huh ?" she asked . I rubbed my temples and laid back on my blue king size bed that brightened up my plain but nice size room " god , yes you wouldn't imagine who I saw " I responded letting out a huff of air from the tension in my body " really who " akease loved hearing about my day even if it was the worst day ever . just then Michelle came into the bedroom with her book bag , and clothes that look like she was working night shifts at magic city instead of school . " ugh , I fucking hate college " she said frustrated . " Michelle  what we say about cussing in the house . gone get yaself ready cause kease made dinner ," we call akease " kease for short . Michelle stormed off in the bedroom she shared with akease and shut the door . I looked at akease and tried to smile " umm where trey ? " " he still out and about he said he'll be back around 9 after he get off work. I nodded and politely told kease to leave so I could shower .

After getting fully undressed , I turned the knob of the shower to steaming hot water and got in . I replayed my conversation with Valarie in my head and let the water run on me . I  later forgot about it and shut the shower off.  I got in some pajama pants and a white tank and headed towards the dinning room to eat . 

*** MICHELLE'S POV

I was sitting on the bed looking at a picture of our once perfect family . I was about 8 months in daddy's lap . Akease and Kamar were 13 and their birthday was coming up . akease was the happiest she had ever been and trey was making silly faces . mommy was beautiful . her nice caramel skin was glowing and her dimples were deeper than ever. daddy  was tall , handsome and muscular . everybody looked extremely happy . everybody was smiling . everybody looked on one accord ......even Valarie

kamar and trey told me everything that happened the day they came and got me from my foster family. it took me a while to adjust and take it all in but I finally got used to the two of them . when akease decided that we all will just live together for my sake ,  I really felt at home . it was hell living in a foster home . the white woman betty  barely spoke to me , and her mixed husband had a drinking problem . he would come out of their bedroom in the middle of the night to come watch me lay in bed . one night he got so mad at betty he burnt her with an iron and told her I was his new wife . I was 8 years old  folding his tees and drawers for him . It probably sounds crazy that I don't hate him . I hate betty way more than I'll ever hate him . at least he showed me attention . 

" Michelle , what the hell are you doing your food is getting cold ! " akease never liked anyway missing dinner . trey was the only one who could because we all knew his situation . " Im coming Kease Damn ! " I got up out of bed and walked to my side of the room to my nice size closet . I pulled out a tank and some shorts and put on my favorite bunny socks trey bought me .

I walked in the living room and took a seat by akease . she prayed over our food .. and everybody dug in. after eating we watched a little TV and all went to bed .

***

The next morning I woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon. I squirmed around in my bed to realize where I was. Akease spot was empty so I figured she was already eating or cooking . I had class in a hour so  I decided to take a quick shower and get breakfast to go .

I was walking through the hall on my way to the 2nd bathroom me and akease share . I passed by trey's room seeing that his door was open . " trey what time you got home last night " I said walking into his room . his room was to clean to be a dude's room . hell me and akease room don't never be clean . "damn , lil mama mind ya business" he came out of the closet with basketball shorts that hung low on his waist and a tank that fitted him and showed off his muscular build . I could see him looking at the night clothes I had on .  " Michelle why you be wearing clothes like that " He said walking over towards me and inspecting my outfit . " its just night clothes trey calm down . "

lol , I'm really my brothers little keeper . I get jealous of any girl trying to talk to him and any dude that would attempt to hurt him . " don't you got school chelle ? " " yeah aint you got work ?"  "I nodded walking out of his room and into the bathroom . I took a 10 minute shower , ate breakfast and headed to school .