「 C h a p t e r - T w o」

‹ s e c o n d - p o v ›    

"I apologize for interrupting," Ciel growled slightly, a cold glare aimed at the tall man standing beside you. "No need to be sorry," Charles bowed politely, "It's nice to finally meet you, Lord Phantomhive."

Both you and Ciel stared at him in confusion. "I am Lady (Name)'s butler, Charles. "

Charles was the name of the dog that (Name) wanted to save so badly. He was a demon?

"We are grateful for your assistance and hospitality," he spoke for you, bowing his head. Before he could say anything else, Sebastian appeared behind Ciel. "Young master, you should head inside. It's getting dark."

Ciel lead you to his office after you left Charles to relax in the room that Sebastian had shown him to. Sitting down, he gestured for you to take a seat. His cold stare soon became one of interest. "It's quite puzzling that I still know nothing about you," you gave him a polite smile, understanding what he meant, "Why don't you tell me a little about yourself? I don't feel very comfortable having a complete stranger in my manor."

Disregarding the rude tone of his voice, you spoke. "I used to work for Sir Alastair, but I honestly didn't have much of a choice," you sighed, deciding not to hide what you knew, "He took me away from my father at a young age. I don't know where he is, who he is, or if he's alive. . . My mother is already dead. " Your words were clear, you didn't seem nervous, speaking of your deceased mother didn't seem all that special.

"I guess what affected me most was that my dad never tried to stop Alastair." This time, there was no evidence of a smile on your face. It was as if you were a whole different person when you spoke of him. Ciel looked at you with empathy. It was a comforting gaze, as if he was saying that he understood how you felt.

But he didn't.

  "Duncan Alastair. There are quite a few stories about him. Whatever he does; he's quite talented with keeping his information hidden."  Ciel hummed,  not taking his eyes off of you. Your beauty was so surreal it was uncanny. Your eyes had a gentle glow to them, your hair and skin shone, even with the dull lights of the room.  Although all you were wearing was a plain knee-length blue dress that hung off your shoulders, you were awfully enchanting. Sebastian's good looks made sense because he was a demon, which you definitely weren't- you looked so pure. You even had a contract, just like he did.

How could he?  

Ciel didn't realize how long he was staring. The silence was slowly lulling you to sleep. You didn't pay any attention to Ciel's staring. Your eyes were half-lidded, you were no longer paying attention to your surroundings. A quiet chuckle escaped Ciel's mouth. How could you fall asleep in such a strange position? Your head was leaning to the side, your bare neck exposed since your long hair was neatly tied into a bun, a few strands loose.

There was still so much hidden behind your angelic smile.

You looked so soothing. The frustration that hit him when he realized that there were no records of (Name) was almost forgotten. It was peculiar. Sure, working for Alastair might've kept her a secret because of how mysterious he was. But, Sebastian never failed to do what he was ordered to do. This only added to the train of thoughts that said (Name) wasn't human. 

She looked so innocent.

-

A yawn escaped your soft lips as you stretched. Sitting up, you noticed that you were in bed.