Chapter 1- Bitter Dream

"Dad please! Stop hurting mom. Hurt me instead!!" I said as I watch my dad hurt my mom. He's drunk. AGAIN. He hits her in the stomach, in the face, EVERYWHERE! "Dad please! I beg you!" I said as I push him away from my mom. "Mom I'm here. I won't let dad hurt you" I said as I pull my mom closer to me. "Baby-" Now mom can't even continue what she's saying. She's in so much pain she can barely move. Did I mention she has cancer?

"Hey you little girl! Go to your room now!" Dad said angrily as he pull my mom harshly away from me. "Mom!!! Dad please!" I said as I try to beg my dad. "Leave us alone Nathalie!'" Dad said with so much anger. "I will if you stop hurting mom! She doesn't deserve this. Dad you're drunk!" I said trying to convince my dad. "Nathalie, don't mind my business. How many times do I have to tell you I'm  not drunk?! Go to your room." He said patiently although I can still see so much anger in his eyes. "But-" Before I complain he interrupts me. "NOW! Nathalie or else!" "O-Okay" because I was so scared of my dad's voice I hurriedly ran to my room.

A few seconds later I heard some noise.

"AHHHHH! PLEASE STOP!!" That is.. That's my mom! She's in trouble!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"MOOOOOOOM!!!"

"Halie? Halie you okay? Hey wake up!" and with that voice I woke up.

(A/N: Halie is the nickname of Nathalie.)

"Ca-Cameron?" 

"Hey what's wrong? Are you dreaming again?" Cameron asked with a worried tone.

"Cameron!" I said as I tightly hug my best friend. "Don't leave me please. I'm scared of dad!" that's it. Tears are now running down my face.

"I won't. I'm always here for you no matter what." She said reassuring me.

"Girls? What happened?" I heard my step mom open the door of our room with a worried look.

"Mom it's nothing. It's just that Halie had a bad dream again." Cameron explained.

"Nathalie, don't worry. You're safe now. With us." My step mom said.

"Okay. Thanks." I said. I was in a bad mood I really didn't appreciate what Donna said. Yeah, I call my step mom with her name.

"Okay girls. Fix yourself and go downstairs. Breakfast is ready." Donna said as she closed the door and left.

"OKAY MOM!" Cameron shouted with excitement so that Donna can hear her. 

I stood up and went directly to the bathroom. I fixed myself and went down. Yuuuummm!!! Pancakes. Lightens up my mood a bit. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay wattpad deleted my story so now I have to retype. Haha. So is it okay? Yah I know, chapter 1 is short. I'm not really an expert as this things. No prolouge! Haha I don't feel like it. :)