2-2: The Meta Signet Turbine

As the two bonded their comprehension together, bringing the crystals to the great tower, it flashed with a mighty eminence. The people were awestruck. Then the lab made an announcement to both sides:

Meta systems have upgraded. The crystal in the capitol city has opened up the realities. But beware, it will cost the spirit energies to transpose beings between other subjects, and/or merge. However, this bond is actually GENERATING crystals, which allows for recovery of the 9,000 points. Gate interface established, but these 2 must be permanently anchored to sustain such. 

Everyone in that reality heard that message, and those in the lab as well. There were energy spikes in just about all of them, but it was usually only 600 or 1600 in this case. But there was a better edge - freely examining the compositions of beings. Normally it was limited to the main interface, but this new power let them examine even from the database now.

The people were amazed at this legacy. They knew they were the gatekeepers. But this made them very apprehensive. One near the place said: whatever comes through that terminus... we must be ready for it. 

Some there were disgusted by the thought, and others were very interested. But they all were cautious about this important legacy.