Doubts

(Just a little side note- this whole part is sort of a random Aarmau tangent.. and isn't that important to the story, so unless you're an Aarmau shipper... just skip to "The Interrogation". Thanks! ;3)

*Melissa had just finished explaining everything about their father's past with forever potions and the rumors that had been published in a newspaper about their family being Ultimas.

"Garroth and Katelyn have forever potion effects on them?!" Aaron was startled by this and was also taken by surprise because he had never thought that forever potions could be used for good.

"Yes. Very powerful strength potions, I'm not quite sure if it gives them physical or more emotional/inner strength." Melissa stated.

Aaron nodded at Melissa before realizing that after she explained a bit of the story, Aphmau went utterly quiet.

"Aphmau?"

She didn't reply. Just stared into the distance, emotionless, probably deep in thought.

"Aphmau!" Aaron shook Aph softly to snap her out of it.

"Huh?" Aphmau jumped and looked up at Aaron, the look of worry becoming defined on her face. 

"What's wrong?" Aaron asked. 

"I-I just realized something while Melissa was talking," Aph replied.

(And here's where my emotions exploded and I just wrote stuff lol.)

"What?" Aaron tried to understand her, he was usually pretty good at figuring out what was upsetting Aphmau, without her having to explain. This time though, she seemed really upset, and he was clueless to why. 

"Garroth and Katelyn have forever potions on them. What was to stop my father from using one on me?" Aphmau's eyes began to water, she saw her whole life, her identity, all slipping away,"I don't even know what these potions are completely capable of, what if, everything I am, everything I know, wouldn't have happened on its own? What if this forever potion was a stupid love potion, or maybe a potion of intelligence? What if all the talent I have is just a potion effect. What if... my love is just a potion effect?"

Aaron was horrified, Aphmau was doubting herself in a way he had never seen do her before. She was always so confident in herself, he thought her love for him was something that she could never doubt. Did he do something wrong? No. This is what forever potions do, He thought. They make people doubt themselves and become selfish and evil beings. This wasn't the Aphmau he knew. He didn't know if there was a forever potion on her, but he did know that she was being affected by it either way. He needed to convince her that everything that she has done for him is not a potion effect. 

"Aphmau, how could you even begin to think that everything you are isn't real? You have done so much for me and so many other people, and that kindness isn't a potion effect, it's love that comes out of the goodness of your heart. You bring out the best part of people, the part they never saw in themselves. You have this capability to love someone with everything you have and make sure they understand that they're never alone. You are beautiful, in every way. Beauty isn't something you can acquire with a potion Aphmau, it's something you are born with, that grows and flourishes as others help you find it." Aaron hoped this would show Aph what she was missing.  

"Aaron, I don't know what to say." Aphmau's eyes had lit up and she looked much better than before.

"Shh, you don't need to say anything," Aaron told her, " let's just figure out what we're going to do from here."

"Well, I hate to break it to you buddy, but we still need to go to the central island and get interviewed. As much as I hate the thought of being interrogated, we would seem very suspicious if we didn't show up when first called," Melissa explained.

"True. Well, this should be fun," Aaron predicted.

(So yeah~! Thanks for reading if you're still here lol... "The Interrogation" is coming up next!)