Werewolf Stories

A/N: JUST GOING THROUGH THIS AND DOING SOME 2017 EDITS IN COMPARISON TO WHENEVER IT WAS I WROTE THIS (2013 OR EARLIER ROUGHLY) AS MY THOUGHTS ON THIS HAVE CHANGED/EVOLVED/EXPANDED ETC.

Werewolf's. From the hot Jacob Black to the half-man, half-wolf mutations featured throughout human myths, the stories vary. Wattpad has even dedicated a whole category to the shape-shifters.

Now, to begin with, the werewolf image.
It all varies. But here are some things that all stories (I have read) agree about.
- Full moon: Characters can't contain their inner wolves on nights during a full moon.
- Mates: Every werewolf has one (alive or otherwise - depending on the plot). 
- Rogues: Rogues are bad news. They have no true master, they have no true pack, they are more wild than civilised wolves

2017 EDIT: Rogues are not necessarily bad, it's just "civilised" pack wolves have a generally unfavourable view because they don't answer to any one leader.

- Insults: Mutt, Pup, Dog are huge insults in the werewolf world (depending on if insulting is the intention)
- Overprotective Alphas: No matter what, Alphas are SERIOUSLY overprotective over their mates
- Alphas: Alpha's are the biggest, strongest and generally have the worst temper. Usually, the Alpha-ship is handed down through family, and all the males who carry Alpha blood...

2017 EDIT: There are also stories in which Alpha-ship can be fought over and won, or passed on to a non-family member, or is it a result of whoever bit you also being an Alpha and passing on the Alpha gene through the bite.

Now, to start off this whole thing, you require at minimum, 2 main characters.
Generally, it is 1 girl, and 1 boy (but that depends on your story...I've been discovering all sorts of stories with gay werewolves)...

2017 EDIT: It seems that all these advice/how to's are written with the base understanding that they all end up as romances, considering that is the most popular and common genre around. Just something to bear in mind while reading this. Given this is a chapter for "Werewolf stories", do not feel obligated to make it a romance story! Just something to add in here.

Generally, the boy is either an Alpha, would-be Alpha or a rogue. Alpha is a big favourite with the general population of wolf fans.

ALPHAS
Alphas (lets call him, as they are generally hims - Vance) are the leaders of the pack. Everyone answers to them, and the Alpha's word is law. They have the right to punish, banish and reward whomever they like.

2017 EDIT: Feel free to throw in some lady Alphas in there! I'm not stopping you! It'd be super cool and Eva from lilly-rain's SOOTB/SOTH stories would be DAMN proud :D

Common facts:
- Alphas generally have severe tempers. Whether they are evoked easily or they are fairly easy-going, it is mostly agreed that a ticked off Alpha is the type of wolf you want to run away from. A usual indicator of their anger [or sexual frustration (;] is the darkening of their eyes. They go from whatever eye colour they have originally, and it slowly morphs into pitch-black (results vary as to eye colour).
- When an Alpha finds a mate, they will be possessive. In their mind, a mate is theirs, and only theirs. They believe that no one will ever be capable enough to protect their mate as thoroughly as themselves. You don't want to go messing with the Alphas mate, whether she/he accepts him or not.
- Alphas are the biggest and strongest of the pack. Generally, that is through blood and genetics, but is also through working blood, sweat and tears to be ready for their jobs. An Alpha's duty is to protect their pack and mate, no matter what.
- Alpha-ship is generally passed down by blood (unless they are rogue "packs") from son to son. On occasion, there are men who have challenged Alphas and won, instantly winning the pack, but (from what I have read), the wolf has either got Alpha blood in them, themselves, or they just get defeated.