Emotions Suck

I was walking Iris home tonight. We went to the fair! It was so cool! We didn't go on any of the rides though.. Iris didn't want to.. but we played a bunch of the games! I won Iris a huge dinosaur!

"Cyrus," Iris said.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Thank you for today, Cyrus. It means a lot. I normally don't go to fairs, but you made it fun. Thank you." She smiled.

"You're welcome. Fun I had too. Er- I mean I had fun too! Yeah, that's what I meant to say."

Iris laughed.

Then we were both quiet. For about a minute.

Iris came close to me and she KISSED ME. Did we, Ciris, just have our first moment?!

"See you later," Iris said as she walked into her house.

"Yeah.. see you late," I said. After she was out of my sight I did a victory dance. My phone buzzed. I looked at it. It was a text from Buffy.

Buffy

Come to the spoon! Quickly! MAJOR Jandi moment happening!

I reread the text about five times. "Major Jandi moment," I read aloud. I texted back:

Cyrus

Ok, I will be there asap

I put my phone in my back pocket and started walking to The Spoon. I didn't rush because I really didn't want to see Andi and Jonah.. Wait- why don't I want to see them? I'm happy for Andi. Aren't I?

----

After a few minutes of walking and rethinking my entire life I reached The Spoon. I saw Buffy sitting on a bench.

"Where have you been?" She asked me.

"I was walking Iris home."

She rolled her eyes. "Come," she said and patted the bench with her hand. I sat next to her.

"So," I began. "Where is this HUGE Jandi moment?" I asked.

"Here," She said and took out her phone. On the screen I saw Andi and Jonah.

"I really like you, Andi. I want to be together." Jonah said and held her hands.

"I really like you too," Andi said.

"Andi, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" Andi said with excitement and hugged Jonah.

Buffy put down her phone and squealed. "Aren't you happy for Andi?!"

I didn't say anything. I stood up and started to walk away.

"Cyrus!" Buffy called after me. "Where are you going?!"

I didn't answer. I continued walking silently.

Was I really jealous of Andi and Jonah? I thought to myself, Do I like Jonah? I started breathing really quickly and fell to the ground. I sat up and looked at the sky. This cannot be happening. I have a girlfriend! And Andi and Jonah are together.. Have I always liked Jonah? Is that why I act so weird around him? How do I tell this to everyone..? wait! How do I tell this to Iris?! I felt tears coming down my face. I looked down. I stayed like that for a while until I heard a voice.

"Are you okay, Cyrus?"

I looked up and saw Buffy.

Maybe I should tell her.

I shook my head and she sat next to me.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"It's just- Well, I-" I sighed. "I'm happy for Andi but I'm also not happy at the same time." I looked at Buffy. "I think... I'm... jealous."

"You're jealous?" Buffy said aloud. "Wait, Cyrus, do you like Andi?"

I shook my head.

Buffy looked confused for a second. Then she said, "Do you like Jonah?"

I nodded and looked down. I started crying again.

Buffy hugged me. "Cyrus, I don't care who you like. You are still Cyrus. Nothing will ever change the way I think about you. You will always be my friend, no matter what. I love you, Cyrus."

I stayed silent and cried.

"I hope you don't mind me asking this, but how long have you liked him?

I wiped tears from my eyes. "I think I always have.. It just never actually hit me in the face until today."

Buffy placed her head on my shoulder.

"Emotions suck," I said. I heard Buffy chuckle, so that made me chuckle too.

"Hey guys!" Andi said as she was walking our way.

"Hey," Buffy said.

"What are you guys talking about?" Andi asked.

"Nothing really," Buffy replied.

"Oh cool. Well, guess what guys?!" Andi said.

"What?" Buffy said.

"Jonah and I are officially a couple!" Andi said and hugged Buffy.

"That's so cool!" Buffy said.

"Yeah.. so cool.." I said. I stood up, "I should probably be heading home. I'll see you two tomorrow."

"See you, Cyrus!" Buffy said.

"Bye!" Andi said.

----

I walked home, went inside, and walked straight to my bedroom. I got dressed for bed and laid down.

Everything is going to change now, isn't it?

And with that thought stuck in my head, I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey guys! I just watched the first episode of Season 2 last night and I absolutely loved it! Cyrus is my favorite character <3

Who else ships #Jyrus ?!

What was your opinion of Episode 1, Season 2 of Andi Mack?

ALSO DON'T FORGET TO SHARE THIS WITH FRIENDS AND CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOKS/FANFICS :)