Epiloque; The End Of All Things

12 years later.

After pressing on a doorbell, Dazai waited for a couple of seconds, listening closely to the sounds behind it. As always, he heard some loud giggles and steps (some were heavier, than others ) and he couldn't help, but let out a soft smile on his face.

The door opened and a small, gentle hands were immediately wrapped around him in a tight hug

"Daddy! You're finally home!" His daughter exclaimed happily "Me and mommy cooked some cookies together for you! We were thinking about you the whole time, while making them so that they would be filled with our love to you!"

Dazai smiled happily before lifting his small daughter up in his arms and kissing her forehead

"Hey there, little one~" He greeted her

"Tane*, let your daddy step inside first~" You said, smiling softly

You were leaning on the wall with your arms crossed as a happy smile was plastered on your face

Dazai's gaze softened immediately as he felt a huge wave of love, thrusting upon him. He was head over heels for you, even after all these years.

It's been 12 since you two has left the Mafia and started a new life together, yet all your feelings never changed even a single bit.

It's been a hard path. You had to first, lay down for 2 years, then, you had troubles with getting used to the normal life, especially, since your past was always following you. You both were despaired and depressed in the start of if, but you managed to get through everything and finally, get back on your feet.

Love is indeed one of the most powerful things in the whole universe. It can bring anyone on their knees, wether it is a king, a hero, a fighter, a writer or whoever else.

"It's alright, darling~" Dazai answered "My girl is not heavy at all~ otherwise, she's light like a feather~"

He stepped inside, still carrying your daughter and slipped his shoes off with his feet. Then, he put his daughter down to wrap his hands around your waist gently and placing a loving kiss on your lips.

"Ew!" Tane screwed up and looked away, making you two giggle

"How was your day?" You asked, helping him take his scarf off and putting it away

"Ah, quite boring to be honest." He answered, taking off his coat "Kunikida just gave me a lot of paperwork and I was stuck in that cold office all day, but I'm happy to be with my two favorite girls now~"

"Yes!" Tane cheered "We missed daddy too! Right, mommy?"

"Of course, darling~" You smiled at your daughter, brushing some strands of hair away from her face

She had fluffy brown hair just like her father, which were messy even after brushing. Tane also had your (e/c) eyes and your nose, but her lips were also almost like her dad's. She was the the living definition to the phrase "a child of love".

Dazai patted Tane's head, before asking:

"Tell me, were you a good girl today~?"

"Oh yeah, she was~" You replied "She's the best girl in the world~"

Dazai lifted her again with one hand and wrapped his free hand around your waist, pulling you closer.

"I love you two so much~" Dazai said, before kissing Tane's and your cheeks

You and Tane looked at each other, before speaking at the same time

"We love you too~" You two said and placed gentle kisses on both of his cheeks.

For a moment, Dazai was simply holding you two close to his chest as he was appreciating this moment and thanking God for bringing you in his life. He could never wish for more. Family and love was all he ever wanted and now, he didn't only have one person, who loved him undoubtedly, but two.

What else could he wish for this life? Yes. Simply for nothing. He had all he ever needed and if his dearly beloved wife and daughter were by his side, then everything will be alright.

"Alright~" You smiled, pulling away from him "You must be hungry~ Tane, let's go and prepare a tasty meal for daddy, alright~?"

"Yeah~!" She cheered "Let's go~!"

All three of you headed to the kitchen, while talking with Tane about cookies, that she made and a happy smile didn't leave the faces of the three of you for even a brief of a moment.

And in the next moment, hour, day, week, year and even more, everything was always alright.

~~~

Tane* - the name of Dazai Osamu's (the writer, I mean) mother.