9.

"oh shit," jeff mumbling i is the last thing i hear before a sharp pain rushes through my head.

as i slowly peel my eyes open, everything is blurry and i can't make out a picture of my surroundings. even my hearing is muffled, as surrounding voices seem to be a little wary.

"is she bonnie and vincent's daughter?" i hear a female voice ask, but i can't seem to make out who it is specifically.

"what does it matter? mom, she just passed out in our kitchen," that's a voice i can recognise. jeff says to his mother. i guess that's who asked about my parents.

"she's waking up," jeff's father interrupts and i see everyone look down at me. i sit up slowly as jeff helps balance me.

"i'm fine," i say to him as he steps back, quickly tucking his hands in his pockets, "where am i? what happened?" i ask, my voice strained and throat dry.

"you're at the hospital, you passed out and hit your head pretty hard," jeff reassured me, but i don't feel any more calm.

my hand rushes to my stomach. "passed out? i hit my head?" i look at jeff with worried eyes as my other hand grips my stomach.

"the doctor said you and your baby are going to be okay," mrs atkins tells me with a sigh, taking a seat at the end of my hospital bed.

shit. "uh, uh," i stutter, looking at jeff for reassurance but he just bites his lip. pretty hard too as i start to see blood draw from his lip.

"that's why you passed out," jeff finally speaks, taking a deep breath, "the doctor didn't have a choice but to tell us," he continues but my heart rate doesn't slow down.

"my parents," i mutter under my breath, panicking, "no, no, no, no my parents can't know about this baby! at least not yet," i panic as i try to climb out of my hospital bed, but jeff blocks me,  gently gripping my shoulders.

"your parents haven't been called," mr atkins mumbles, biting his nail, "we said we were your parents and they actually believed us," he sighs, not making eye contact with me despite my efforts.

"w-when can i leave?" i sigh, not sure how to feel right now. i'm not sure what i did, but i put my baby in danger and now jeff's parents are aware that they're going to be grandparents. everything is a fucking mess.

"can i talk to you?" jeff asks, then looks over at his parents, "in private?" he asks hopefully. his mothers eyes have sympathy whereas his father seems more annoyed.

"we've given you enough privacy," he starts to raise his voice and i shrink down, as a few nurses and other patients turn their attention towards us.

"harris," jeff's mother says softly, touching his arm, "we'll just be round the corner," her voice may seem softer and more gentle, but it has just as much warning in it as jeff's father.

they disappear, but only round the corner where they could still probably lurk on our conversation and keep an eye on us. what could we possibly do in a hospital?

"shit, jeff," i gasp as i rest my head in my hands, "i-i'm sorry your parents found out so early," i apologise again. in the corner of my eye, i see mr and mrs atkins discussing something harshly, continuously glancing over at me and jeff.

"i-i have to go," i suddenly say as i realise the time. i gently push pass jeff and pull back the rest of curtain that was surrounding my bed.

"you haven't been discharged," jeff calls out after me, but he doesn't seem to be trying to stop me. maybe he's got the hint that my parents will seriously mad if i don't get home soon.