Welcome to hell, population: me

He set down the kennel in the entry way, rubbing his hands together. He smelled slightly different, an increase in his testosterone most likely, since he'd stepped inside. I was barely keeping it together. I was in the lions den, the pit of snakes, the- you know what? I think you can take it. I'll bet you'd understand. I was in the hands of a man that planned to force me into accepting a position as his mate. I didn't appreciate this all that much, as you might have guessed. He left after telling me he'd be right back with the rest of my new "family". It was apparently time for introductions before they would start their inductions. I shoved down my fears and forced a sense of calm to block out the rest of the world.

He would be back soon. If I could shift, I would unlock the kennel. But that wasn't possible right now. What could I do? I decided that the best course of action was the only one available to me. I would wait till they gave me an opportunity, then I would escape. Until then, however, I was going to have a little fun. I stretched out, my fear thoroughly under control, and began licking myself clean; an extremely demeaning act in my mind but almost certain to mean disrespect in theirs. If your prisoner doesn't show you an ounce of attention, refuses to respond, and denies any attempts to communicate, then he captor tends to get upset. And angry werewolves, though more dangerous and annoying, were still sloppier ones. Easier to manipulate, too.

My ears flicked when I heard at least a dozen sets of paws thudding towards me, but I ignored it as best I could. I knew the sharp spikes of fear would give away the fact that I was noticing them, but my purposeful lack of attention would just be more demeaning for them if that were the case. So I kept on grooming myself until the entire group entered. Inspecting my paw for any missed bits, I listened to the whole group as they scrabbled around the kennel, pining for my attention as they did so. I ignored them until Fen limped in, chuckling as he did so. I noticed the bruises forming on his arms and face, and they clued my in on why he was limping. The horde of smelly mutts had knocked him over in their excitement, trampling him in the process.

I wanted to laugh, but that would imply I cared. So I continued to inspect my paws while ignoring the cacophony of sounds all around me. To be perfectly honest, it was difficult. The oafish brutes we're giving me a headache. Then they started nudging the the kennel. I let out an involuntary mew before I could stop myself. Immediately everything went silent. I realized from the ringing in my ears that someone had been shouting; likely Fen. I hoped he developed a permanent case of laryngitis. The sound of bones rearranging filled the room and for a moment, and then an awkward silence surrounded me until I heard what sounded like a kid spoke up. "It's a cat. You said you'd bring us a new pack mate. But... it's a cat." If I hadn't been pretending to ignore them, I would have meowed indignantly.

Fen spoke up, the sound of his voice bringing bile to my throat. "Yeah, she's a cat. But... guys. She's a Luna. I told you I was right the other day, I just made the mistake of chasing her into oncoming traffic." I heard a few mumbles, and I could almost feel a dozen sets of eyes refocus on the kennel. Great, another dozen horny wolves after me. I almost growled in annoyance. Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to hold it in, and I only continued to ignore them. They talked among themselves every now and then as they waited for my acknowledgement of their existence. I learned that Fen was he Alpha and the others had names. What those names were slipped my mind as I chose not to care. Eventually Fen sat in front of the kennel and cleared his throat. "Umm... hey. So... are you gonna look at us or did we do something wrong?"

The stupidity of that statement actually shocked me. I froze, slowly turning my head to glare at him, or as close to a glare as my cat body could manage. I hissed at him before returning to my grooming and purposeful ignoring of their existence. I heard Fen stand up and walk back to his group, the whole lot of them sounding like they were about to explode with held-back laughter. I was silently proud, of managed to shame him to a degree. Now I had to figure out how to do it again. I couldn't let him think I'd made a mistake, and I couldn't have him thinking it was something about the environment; oh no, I had to make sure he realized it was specifically him I was rejecting. I had to convince him that I thoroughly and completely hated him. Because I did.