Extra chapter cause.... SCREW PROPRIETY!!!! XD

(So this is just lore and backstory and crazy weirdness that helps crap make sense. ENJOY! :3)

Back in the days of the cavemen, when mankind was just discovering fire, lived two races of intelligent beings: the dragons, and the fae-folk. The fae has three main clans; that of the faery, that of the elves, and that of the grey-men. These shall become important later in our story, for now we shall remain with the dragons. They were an animalistic culture, living, for the most part, as they were naturally intended too. This was, until they took notice of the humans.

Men were a young race, younger than either of the others, having worked its way to intelligence over the millennia through trial, error, and constant struggle. They adapted, though, and became similar to that which he know this day; and their frat invention of fire caught the attention of the dragons. The dragons were the sole owners of fire, sharing its secrets with none but nature itself, and they were mystified at how humans could create their flame without and obvious use of magic. So they decided to investigate the new holders of fire. They formed their magic into a glamour that hid their true form and gave them a smaller size besides. What they discovered was that humans had no magic, not innate magic that they could use. They survived and created fire by intelligence and clever wit alone. The dragons, beings whose main source of entertainment were riddles and mind games,  and whom usually chose mates based on the victors of those games, found this to be incredibly sexy.

So they gathered and a large number of them gave themselves the ability to truly become human. They now held two forms, their birth form and their human form. Their immortality persisted, preventing them from forming permanent mates, but their children inherited much from their draconic bloodline; magic, eternal youth, longevity like you wouldn't believe, and an almost perfect memory. The one thing they didn't receive from their draconic blood, was a dragon body. They were stuck in human flesh, unable to change their form without losing all of their power. This weakness led to poor relations between witches and their parent species. They fell in with the fae-folk, learning their magic and ways and returning to human villages only to steal other witches from their parent species, unwilling to give the two peoples any satisfaction or happiness in their procreation. This lead to the re-for comb of a single set of traits that identify a witch. They always have blue eyes and blonde hair, though those traits aren't only attached to witches. Normal humans can have those traits.

Our story forgets the dragons for a time, now, and focuses on the witches and how they added to the world as their parents never could. Witches were born with elf blood and faery blood, the grey-folk remaining aloof from such intercourses, and these developed talents unknown to pure witches; though they lost their strength in magic from the impurity. One specific witch, now known as "Luna", though that wasn't her real name, could speak to animals. She fell in love with a wolf and gave him a human form, using the spell the dragons had invented to do so. All of their children are lycanthropic were's, the wolf packs not as common as they once were, but they remain the strongest. This gift appeared in other witches who fell in love with other animals, and so the entire menagerie of were-kind was produced.

A unique witch, born of dragon and elf parents, found the strength of werewolves to be unfair in the world, and knew they would grow to an uncontrolled degree if left alone; witches could not hate them as they carried their blood. So she spoke to the grey-folk, and asked them for help. The grey-folk revealed their darkest secret, one that had haunted them from their conception in this world; they could not procreate. The only way to form a new greyman was to steal the soul of another being, the act of which destroyed the one who took the soul and formed the soulless one into a greyman. This was a problem for the grey-folk, and that witch offered to fix their problem if they agreed to be the race that kept the wolves in check. They did so gladly and she worked her magic, binding them to that purpose, tying the fates of the grey-folk and weres together, and giving them a means of procreation that was less self-destructive.