II. NOT ALONE

ELEMENTAL
II. NOT ALONE
"YEAH, I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON. I'M GOING IN-FREAKING-SANE."

THE ILLUMINATION of the blue LED lights was awfully bright in Zeus' vision as he stood there admiring it where it lit the crusty passage. He smiled at the sight of the lights, feeling as if he had actually accomplished something for once. His crazy 'thought' wasn't so crazy anymore, and he had providable evidence to show the girl as to how he wasn't completely insane.

Zeus had suddenly remembered that, because he had gotten so lost in his thoughts, trying to figure out an escape, he had left the girl behind in the Fire quarter. Knowing what it was like to be alone from the moment he found himself in the labyrinth, he decided on making his way back to the girl he'd left behind in the Fire quarter.

As he wasn't familiar with the girl he had left in the other quarter, his thoughts had gotten to the worst of him. He had no idea as to what the stranger could do if she was left alone for too long, and he didn't want to find out. He needed her as a way to help him escape.

Zeus figured that she could help him escape, and that was what he was planning on finding out. Could she help him, or was he just helping her? He was really hoping it was both ways, because he was sure that there would be clues that he wouldn't be able to figure out, and he'd need her to help him.

Somewhere in the time they'd be stuck in the labyrinth, there would be clues that Zeus wouldn't understand whatsoever. Clues that the girl might have some understanding towards that would help them figure them out so they could escape.

Zeus let out a small sigh, stepping through the wall yet again. Alexandrine watched from her seat, a few metres away from the wall, where Zeus has disappeared, hoping that maybe something would happen and he'd reappear again like he had when they collided unexpectedly not long prior.

She watched silently as the wall started wiggling, or that's what she thought had happened. Maybe she was hallucinating. Maybe she was in fact going insane like every other "chosen one" that had tried to complete the labyrinth. Only, she had no knowledge of either of those facts, not yet anyway.

Staring a little longer, the wall was in fact wiggling from side to side. She wasn't hallucinating it at all. There was something about it. Alexandrine suddenly rose from her spot within a flash when she witnessed Zeus appear again, only it wasn't the fact he was back, but the fact that he appeared out of the wall.

"Did you just-" Alexandrine started.

Zeus furrowed his eyebrows at the bewildered girl, not knowing why she had been so shocked as to how he'd walked through the wall. She'd seen him do it the first time, but she wasn't surprised. This time she almost definitely was.

"Come and look at this. I figured out what's going on," mentioned Zeus.

"The fact that I was thrown into a maze of some sort with a stranger, who appeared out of nowhere and then popped in and out of a wall like a ghost from Scooby-Doo. Yeah, I know what's going on. I'm going in-freaking-sane," rambled Alexandrine, out of breath.

Zeus let out a snort of amusement. "No, you idiot. Come here."

He motioned for her to walk towards him, but she wasn't having it that easily. She wasn't one to trust many people at all, that was why she didn't really have any friends. Trust no one. You could call her the Fox Mulder of the real world, and if you don't know who he is, Alexandrine would be disappointed. That show would be half the reason as to why she was failing university, it was so weird and spooky that it intrigued her.