Stealing Every Piece of Your Heart: Chapter 5 (A Zayn Malik Fanfic)

I jolted awake as music suddenly blasted out of my alarm clock on my bedside cabinet, signaling it was time to wake up. Mondays were always hard and it took an extreme amount of effort to get out of bed. What I wouldn’t give to spend the entire day snuggled up in my bed with a good book.

I struggled my way through my morning routine and managed to make it to university early enough to grab a coffee before my first class of the week. Sure, I was really excited for my career to get underway and I understood that I needed to learn how to do so first but did people really expect me to learn and absorb information this early.

Looking at my watch as I walked through the campus’ Starbucks, I groaned realizing it was 8am and I had half an hour to get to my class that was luckily only a 5-minute walk from my current location. I ordered my usual, a strong white cappuccino with extra froth and chocolate sprinkles and two sugars.

“Good morning Kayla,” a singsong voice greeted me, as I waited eagerly for my daily caffeine wakeup call. That voice could only belong to one person, my new friend, Becky.

Becky was a pretty girl, incredibly academic, and blonde hair that reached the middle of her back. She was always unusually happy in the mornings for a unit student, a thought that always baffled me.

“Hey, Becky” I muttered as I grabbed my completed order.

“The sun is shining it’s a lovely day, Kay. Hehe that rhymed.” I shot her a glare that said back on track. “So, I was thinking lets go sit on the grassy common area until class starts today! Why waste such beautiful weather?”

I just nodded my head while sipping my coffee and followed her out into the large gardens shared by the student body. I plunked down and watched amazed at how daintily she lowered herself to the ground.

“How the hell are you always so cheerful and dainty at 8am in the morning? This time of day shouldn’t even exist!” I questioned aloud, earning a shrug as my response. Suddenly a person-sized shadow appeared from behind us then as I turned to look Lucas one of the few guys in our photography course sat down and joined us. He was also toting a coffee cup and didn’t look any more awake than I did with his black shoulder length mop spilling out from under his beanie.

We all walked to class together to endure the hour of enlightenment but decided on my four hour Monday break to head to the local mall that was only a few minutes’ drive from campus.

————

I pulled into a parking space with the excited chatter of my friends bombarding my ears but not really doing a good job at disturbing my thoughts. My mind was stuck on one thing. Well, one person: Zayn Malik. This was the very mall where we had met at a signing a few days earlier.

We haven’t spoken in two days. He probably forgot about me. I’m glad I didn’t get my hopes up. He is sexy, mysterious, caring, deep, famous and has millions of fans worldwide.  I could literally go on describing him all day from the few short days where I got to know him but I won’t, it’ll just drive me insane. I am now just another face in the crowd to him. He probably even referred to me as “that girl from the signing”.

Okay! Enough! You are going to go shopping with Becky and Lucas and be your usual happy, charming self. You are not going to think about Z-that certain pop star and you are going to have FUN! Yes, real laughter and a real smile.

After, I managed to psych myself up I got out of the car and the three of us headed into the shopping complex. I gathered up all my thoughts about said pop star and filed them in the depths of my mind. Nobody knew about my bush with him so that would at least make the next few hours bearable.