Blast from the past

It didn't take me long to arrive at the estate I called home. Even the environment seemed cold, without my dad, I guess this land didn't know how to work. He'd been alive for about 3000 years, not one making that huge of a mistake. I couldn't help wondering what had really gone down in there. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open.

Much to my surprise, it was all like when I'd left. The dining table set with a pile of napkins and flavorings. A few bottles of blood wine, and the dark tablecloth draped across it. I heard a happy voice humming and what seemed like high heels taping against the hard floor. I reached inside my hidden place. Where I hid the shadow blade. Shape shifts into anything you want. In its original form, it can kill anything. made from the shadows themselves, with some unspeakable magical thing, but still pretty cool, if I do say so myself. As the woman entered, my eyes widened in surprise. I gritted my teeth and managed to spit the right word out.

"Mother."

She whirled around giving me a warm smile, I scowled back.

"There's no need to scowl, it doesn't look good on a young lady such as yourself."

I switched to a glare.

"Alexanders sass," she sighed, "I miss it." She saw my glare grow deeper.

"I do miss him, I really do." She sat down on the couch in the negotiating hall and beckoned me to come over. I stepped lightly and carefully as I finally made my way to her.

"What do you want?" I asked.

She smiled at me again, this time, it looked wistful. "I loved your father, raven."

"No you didn't." As she turned around to take a sip of her tea, I ran to the truth serum vaults and came back with a sample. Suspecting nothing, she turned around again to talk. Before she could say another word, I injected it into her.

"Tell me me why you left us!" Angry tears stinging my eyes. She clutched her arm in pain as I let her go.

"The king tried to force himself on me, all right? He knew I loved Alexander. And when I refused his offer to be his mistress, he had guards take me away. I barely escaped with my life after that. As soon as he realized I was gone, he told the palace sorcerer Raefiya to erase all memory of the scandal from everyone, including Alexander. But Raefiya had ambitions of her own, she cursed the king and your father to loathe each other, and me, and so, they could never find peace she planted several others, so after a few centuries, they would go on a killing spree, start being tortured from the inside. The worst part was, it was going to happen, it couldn't get done with it, curse after curse, she fired at those two. All supposed to be time at exactly the same time, a century later. I tried killing her, that usually worked to break curses. But after she was dead, the curse lived on. I had to leave, raven, to find what kind of vessel the curse was planted in. I know it was wrong but-" she looked back at me with her tear filled eyes. " I love you my little birdie."

I didn't know what to say, I'd hated her for about near to a century. And all is time, she was doing it so even the king, who had pretty much tried to rape her, could be saved of the endless pain and suffering.

"I guess there are two sides to a story." I said quietly. She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"He was a good man." She whispered." I only wish I had devoted every living second with him, curse or no curse."

"It's not your fault." Tears, trickled slowly down my face. "I shouldn't have left. I should've stayed and fought for him."

"We've all had faults birdie, big and small."