Shake It Off (Prologue)

Meredith's POV

It has been weeks since I told my boyfriend that his ex-fiancee who all along we thought was dead for 10 years is alive and on her way to Grey+Sloan Memorial.

"Are you sure you're really alright?" asked Maggie, my half-sister. "I mean, when Derek died you were- you left Seattle! You didn't even leave clues! What if-"

"Maggie, I am. I have three kids. I shouldn't be too caught up on this. I got over Derek, right?"

"You're one hell of a woman. I can't believe you're my sister!" she said laughing.

"What about you, Neuro Goddess?" I asked jokingly to Amelia over here who stayed silent.

"Don't talk to me, I'm tired. I performed a 10-hour surgery and I hadn't slept since." said Amelia, Derek's little sister.

"What? You shouldn't have done that surgery! You should be by your husband's side. His dead sister is alive!" said Maggie.

"Owen's family doesn't want me for him, remember? Besides, he has Dr. Altman to comfort him." said Amelia.

I stood up and connected my phone to the speakers and blasted off Taylor Swift's Shake It Off.

"What are you doing?" asked Maggie.

"C'mon, stand up." I said.

"What? No." said Amelia.

"C'mon we're dancing it out!" I said as I threw my leather jacket somewhere in the living room. "That's what we do when we feel terrible. We're dancing it out."

"Okay, okay." said Amelia as she stands up and removes her shoes.

"Whoo!" screamed Maggie.

We danced and danced for hours and felt less and less tired. After what we've been through for the past weeks, we felt relieved. I felt relieved.

Until I got a page from Owen.

Did I mention I was Megan's doctor? Bailey assigned her to me since doctors here aren't allowed to treat their family. And Owen is her brother. She also happens to be Nathan's fiancee.

My life couldn't get worse.

I turned off the music and got ready to leave for the hospital.

"Hey, why'd you stop the music?" said Maggie.

"It's Megan."

We got into the car and drove off to Grey+Sloan.

A/N:

How are you guys liking my take on Grey's Anatomy? I mean, Shonda's great and all, but I'd like to give the show a little twist!

Chapter One's coming up soon! Stay updated! Like, Comment, & Share!

Nobody knows where they might end up. ;)

-Lez

Started: Oct 30, 2017
Ended: —