Epilogue

Thank you for reaching the end of my story!

YOU ARE THE BEST!

I'm thankful for your support, my readers, because your feedback has been the engine which has made me write more and finish this nightmarish nonsense about teenage girl problems. 

Has that girl become smarter?

I bet she hasn't. 

But this fact hasn't made her unhappier. 

Be happy!

With love, 

Mērija 

-----

Tuesday, July 25

It's been a month since returning from the trip to Slovakia. I still remember myself running out of the lobby and leaving Christian behind with his bleeding nose (yes, maybe that punch was a bit too strong, but somehow I didn't care back then. And he didn't tell the teachers what happened, so I was totally safe). I also recall myself sitting on the bus and just motionlessly staring out of the window or sleeping, or trying to fall asleep, or pretending to be asleep during the ride home. I was incapable of feeling anger, remorse or self-conceit about refusing to forgive the guy I loved (did I even love him? I wonder...). I couldn't even feel sorrow. It was the worst feeling that I'd never be able to forget – it was impassibility.

What has changed during these thirty days? I have to admit that the answer is – nothing. However, at the same time EVERYTHING has changed.

I've learnt a few things. I've become stronger, I reckon. And I've finally managed to face the music and to accept that what's once happened can't be erased and restarted from scratch. Christian hurt me and then I hurt him. Actually, maybe he even wasn't THAT hurt (mentally, I mean) after that punch in the face. I couldn't say the same thing about his bruised nose, though.

You see, guys, Christian has a girlfriend now. This girl is Alma (yeah, the folk dancer!). And the worst part is – I already knew it on the 24th of June, the day I had this beautiful "nightmare" of me kissing Christian during a party. Fun fact – Marta Winters can predict future!

Do all boys get over their crushes in a few days' time? This time those were only a few hours, though, because Christian forgot about me in no time and immediately fell for Alma on our way back to Riga – Alma was sitting on the guy's lap most of the time and worrying about his bluish-red swollen nose (I could hear those questions – who did this?, are you okay? etc. halfway through the bus).

What could I do about them? Alma hadn't been a good friend of mine in Slovakia, so I just pretended (at first) not to notice the girl at all. I also ignored Christian for the rest of the ride home, just as he paid no attention to me. We were equals now – equal strangers, I'd say. He didn't owe me anything and I had nothing to do with Christian. Unfortunately, this kind of attitude among the three of us had to change the day (28th of June) I went to the cinema with my fellow Latvians from the Slovakia trip.

Alma and Christian were there, too, and... suddenly Alma started talking to me and being – or pretending to be – the most amiable girl in the world. I guess her intentions are clear to you – the girl wanted to show me who had become "in charge of Christian's heart". P.S. EVERYBODY had found out about "the drama of Christian and Marta" after I punched him.

I somehow managed to live with the painful thought (jeez, I'm gonna be sick!) of Christian and Alma until yesterday – the 24th of July. It was another day at the cinema and another time when Christian and Alma were there with me, Robert, Katrina, Judith and Vincent. The moment I saw the two kiss in the end of the movie just before the lights were switched on... I lost all my senses and started laughing my heart out madly.