Cry Wolf, Cry

He passed right by. I didn't notice it was him before it was too late.

He stood next to me and took out a knife. I jumped up from my spot on the floor and ran as fast as I could.

But I ran to my room. Thinking that I could buy me some time and scream for help.

"I can't scream. Why can't I scream?!" I thought.

All I wanted was to warn someone. But nothing came out of my mouth.

It was getting too late. He had opened the door.

Trying and trying to scream, but to no avail I was left mute.

As he flung the door open, I could see the anger etched onto his features. I could feel the bad intent leaking out of his pores.

I could see the glint of the sharpened knife ready to slice my skin and end my life.

He came at me with the sharp blade raised over his head.

I was never going to get the chance to tell them I loved them. Never tell Sarah. He was going to kill me.

The blade caught the light above us. Creating a sinister glow on his dark face.

I would never be able to out power him.

I couldn't close my eyes as he brought it down and straight into my chest. Not ready for the brain shattering pain.

Ready to wake up. Ready to scream. Ready to cry in Sarah's awaiting arms.

____________________________________

Dreams come and go as they please. Some don't remember their adventures in their sleep.

Some dreams can impact you so strongly you lay awake at night unable to pry the mental sight from behind your eyes.

Others don't have the pleasure to dream so soundly.

Others never get to wake up.

Safe thoughts and careful sayings!