Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ryuu POV

Half of everything that I need to know about Manami has been told by Rin. Not just about her, but also about the group I was forced to join into-literary convention winners/geniuses. I just entered a big mess, and I hope that it’s not too late to get out of it.

After Rin told me these, entire he began to change. He’s been acting weird and is always ignoring me.

Manami POV

I woke up with piles of blanket over me, I found myself lying on a bed in a bright cold room.

What just happened last night?

Did I make it back to Mom?

What about Akito-nii?

And a bunch of questions are buzzing inside my head. I stood up and leaned over the glass window, this is definitely not my bedroom.

Someone opened the door, it’s Akito-nii.

But I ignored him. I want to see my Mom, oh! That reminds me… where is my cell phone?

“Manami, Ohayou, I brought you your breakfast.” Akito-nii entered the room without looking at me.

[ohayou=good morning]

“Thanks, but, I don’t want to eat yet.” Memories of what happened last night popped in my head.

What’s wrong with me? But, that aside, how is my father doing? Our Dad.

Akito-nii was about to leave the room, but then he looked back and fished out my cell phone from his pocket.

“Here, you have 25 missed calls from your mom, and 17 messages.  Don’t worry. I didn’t read any of those messages, nor did I answer the calls.” Then he placed my phone on the bed-side table.

Your Mom….

“WAIT!” I shouted. Just as soon as he was about to leave, I chased after him and grabbed his shoulder and made him face me.

“Where am I?” the question suddenly escaped my mouth.

He just stared at me bluntly before answering.

“You’re in my Dad’s house.” He said.

“Our Dad.” I corrected him. “And what do you mean by “your mom” earlier? It should be “Mom” or “Our Mom!” I didn’t realize that I’m already shouting at him.

He sighed. “Jeez, what’s with all these drama Manami!? I met up with you last night because it’s our birthday. Our parents should not be involved.”

How could his attitude just change overnight! -______-

“So you got angry just because of that?” I asked, tightening my grip on his shoulder.

“Let’s get to the point. You know how much I really hate talking about our parents. And I thought you understood this ever since we started communicating through the internet. And yes, this is really a big deal. My life has been miserable after their divorce -.- My friends would insult me and make fun of me. I hate your mom and I wish that I’ve never been born, it’s all her fault.”

I let go of his shoulder and wanted to hug him, but the last sentence made me slap him instead.

“Your reason is too shallow for me to accept. Don’t you know that I’ve been through with the same things as you!? But, look,” I forced a smile, “I have finally overcome that tragedy (: and somehow, I am happy again. Mom taught me how to be strong, again. But you, what have you been doing with dad for these past five years?”