Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ryuu POV

The heavy rain is still pounding on the roof. We took shelter inside the Soutori residence, Manami’s mom is dead worried, trying to hide her uneasiness by talking to me.

“So, you are the transfer student in my daughter’s class?” Mrs. Soutori asked me with a quivering voice.

“Umm, yes, I’m  Ryuu Egashi.” I said right away as I slightly bowed.

“Manami has been friends with Rin and Yrah since they were in kindergarten.” She forced a smile, “our families are business partners.”

“I see…” is all I could say.

I already know about this. Thanks to Rin.

“What about you Egami, what does your family do?”

“It’s Egashi.” -.- “ My family… I once lived with my father, but due to his work we have to make adjustments. So I was sent here to live with my sister and my mom. Though, my Mom usually stays with my dad, she just visited the other day.”

I don’t know if Mrs. Soutori is really interested or she just wants to talk to relieve her uneasiness.

Rin and Yrah are quietly sitting on the couch while sipping their hot chocolates. Suddenly, we heard the doorbell ringing, none of them stood to see who’s by the door. They all looked at each other with terrified faces. So I volunteered.

“I’ll go.” I sighed.

To my surprise, its Manami soaking from head to toe, not only that, she’s also very pale. And she’s still wearing the uniform she wore when she left the school on her birthday.

“Ryuu!” Yrah called out and tossed a towel. I quickly wrapped it around Manami and helped her as she staggered to get inside.

The looks on their faces shows relief and they all stood to see Manami.

I guess, she is really loved by almost everyone.

Mrs. Soutori gave her daughter a mug of hot chocolate and hugged her tightly.

“Where have you been Manami?!” Mrs. Soutori asked calmly.

Manami just looked at her with droopy eyes and said, “I want to rest.”

Without a word, Rin ran towards her and offered for assistance and took Manami to her bedroom. Yrah and Mrs. Soutori followed.

Should I come with them? I wasn’t really supposed to be here. Now that I think about it, why am I here?

“Ryuu, don’t you want to come with us?” Mrs. Soutori called out.

“I want to, but---“

“Then, come!” she waited for me to catch up and we headed upstairs to Manami’s room.

Rin, Mrs. Soutori and I waited outside her room as Yrah helped her change clothes.

*     *     *

Now that we have calmed down, and Mrs. Soutori is at ease, we continued drinking our hot chocolates in the living room on the second floor across Manami’s room. And to our left is the staircase made of Mahogany wood.

I usually catch Rin gazing at me, and I raise my eyebrow in question.

What is he trying to say?

Rin stood up, heading to Manami’s room.

“I’ll go check on her.”

As Rin passed by me, he poked me from behind, which, I ignored. Minutes after he went in, I received a text message.