~-14-~

"A public resort? Really? They couldn't have taken us to like, a safe house or something?" Kaylee asked as she and Vanessa observed their room. It had two plush twin beds in beige bedding and hardwood floors with a brown, black, orange, and white patterned rug that covered much of the ground since it was in the middle of the room. Granite counters separated a small kitchen space off of the bedroom fully equipped with a stove top oven and large refrigerator. A door near the kitchenette led into a large bathroom with cream tiled flooring and a large double vanity sink. A huge mirror covered the length of the sink counter and across from the sinks was a huge soaking tub. Across the bathroom from the door was a large fiber glass door to a walk in shower. Fluffy white towels hung on stainless steel hooks and spares were kept neatly folded in a cubby next to the bathroom door. A long white leather couch had its back to the beds as it faced a dark oak wooden cubby with glass doors and a large TV on top. Two white plush single chairs had their backs to huge floor to ceiling windows that covered an entire wall, exposing the view the balcony gave of all the lights of London city.

"I don't think they'd have a safe house to fit all thirty-six of us." Vanessa said in awe as they looked around.

"Thirty-three." Kaylee amended.

"Yeah..." Vanessa sighed. "But you have to admit, this is damn nice..." She plopped down onto the couch and rested her head on the back when there was a knock in their door. Sharing an alarmed glance, Kaylee shooed Vanessa away in the direction of the bathroom since she'd taken her wig off upon entering the room. Unlocking the door when Vanessa was out of sight, Kaylee opened it a crack and sighed, opening the door further to let Roy in.

"You're safe Vee." Kaylee called. A minute later, Vanessa reappeared, looking around cautiously but loosened up when she saw Roy standing there.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Um, yeah. Zack's just hell bent on some nanotech stuff so he isn't talking. Who knows what the hell he's building this time."

"What about Justin?" Kaylee asked.

"Knocked out the moment he touched the bed." Roy replied, going to sit down on the couch next to Vanessa. "I don't usually sleep well after travelling. The time difference always gets to me."

"Ah." The girls said in unison.

"Is it just me or does this all feel way too easy?"

"What do you mean?" Vanessa asked, sitting up straighter.

"Well, look around us. We got here with only loosing three men at random select and haven't had any conflicts. I haven't even felt eyes on us. It's all too easy. Too relaxed."

"Maybe we've finally gotten the break we're looking for." Vanessa suggested. Kaylee stared at the ground in hard thought as she considered what Roy was saying.

"I don't think the Octagon has any consideration for giving its agents holidays." She said, moving to sit on one of the single seats. "Like, the world believes we're all dead. One mishap and the Octagon along with everyone's lives are jeopardized." Roy pointed a finger at Kaylee to state that he was thinking the same thing.

"Zack told me that we were here so that McHall could meet with the head of their branch in London."

"But then why would he bring half the agency with him?" Vanessa asked.

"It so turns out that the Octagon has eight branches. And B.L.A.K has been the strongest, trying to run the Agency as a whole."

"Whoa, hold on. Did you just say that B.L.A.K is Octagon?" Kaylee asked, holding up a hand. Roy nodded a few short times. "So we've been going against our own this whole damn time?!"