Chapter 6: Problems

*get ready for a jumpy chapter folks*

Arin sighed. It was getting harder to deal with his feelings for Dan... It was also getting harder to deal with his issues.

He flopped onto his bed that was in the basement, groaning. Closing his eyes, he thought about Dan's voice. It was really beautiful. Yesterday, while Dan and him were playing video games, Dan started to sing and Arin harmonized. It was a good time, Arin thought.

Today Arin decided to leave Dan alone because they'd been hanging out for the past week every single day. He didn't want Dan to get bored or annoyed with him.

"Ugh why are feelings so terrible and awful..." Arin grumbled. His ears twitched in annoyance. He had to tell someone. It might keep him sane. He sat up and exited his room.

•••

Dan felt torn. He loved hanging out with Arin, but it was difficult. He wanted to sit with him, get out of the water and just be beside him. He also felt as if Arin was getting tired of him. He didn't come say hi this morning...

He had to tell someone how he felt.

•••

"Barry?" Arin peeked out behind Barry's door.

"What's up, Arin?" He gave a warm smile.

"I... Need to talk to someone..." Arin mumbled and entered Barry's room, tail flicking nervously.

•••

"Hey, uh, Holly?" Dan tapped on the glass tube he was in.

"Oh! Dan. What do ya need?" Holly looked up from her dragon doodles.

"Um... Here, come to my room." Dan glanced around before swimming off.

Holly sat confused for a moment, but got up and headed to Dan's room.

•••

Barry cocked his head and raised an eyebrow. "So... You like-like him?"

"Stop talking like a 12 year old. And yes." Arin's ears twitched. "I like-like him..."

"Awe, that's cute." Barry said in a baby voice. Arin glared at him, his face burning hot.

•••

"This is because of Arin?" Holly kicked her legs back and forth in Dan's pool. He nodded quietly, his head resting on his arms on the edge of the pool.

"I guess... If you really want it. It'll be painful..." Holly's voice was soft and kind.

"I know. I want this." Dan whispered.

"I think you should talk to Arin before you do this." She looked at him. He looked back and nodded again.

•••

"Heyo Dan." Arin smiled when he saw Dan downstairs in the gaming room. Dan's face went red as he smiled back.

Arin turned the T.V on along with his Switch. He sat on the couch and started to play. The tension between the two boys slowly melted away as they joked around and talked.

"Wow, y'know, I'm glad I'm here." Dan said, our of nowhere.

"Really? I'm glad too..." Arin rubbed the back of his neck. "I think you're super cool."