Project Lucifer

"It's not possible. This can't be real. You can't be him."

My thoughts were going around in my mind at a sickening speed. I doubted my own logic and my sensations. So much that it made me want to throw up. My heart was beating so fast, it could have fallen out of my chest. Everything was so unclear, unreal. I couldn't make out the difference between dream and reality. Something was choking me from the inside out, and I started hyperventilating. Was I slowly going insane?

"Petra."

I felt him grab my head in his hands and make me look at him. Those sharp grey eyes, this raven black hair... Truth was staring me right in the face, but it just couldn't be. That smile... it didn't belong to that face.

"Why don't you calm down a little? I don't want you to pass out on me so soon."

"It's a lie. You can't be him. It's not possible." I said shutting my eyes and shaking my head.

"Why not?" He was very serious. "You never knew me."

"It's not right.... Nothing makes sense." I muttered more to myself than to him.

He chuckled. "I didn't know you'd fall so hard for my little act. Or maybe you're a masochist and you like it when I treat you like garbage? Sorry about all of that by the way."

Levi let go off me and took another chair that was in the room. He sat on it backwards facing me, that same smile on.

"Why would you betray them?" I asked. "It doesn't add up, you're a victim of the Heaven project, just like them!"

"I already told you, I was born from another project. Project Lucifer. Just the name suggest that I was going betray them. They are still useful to us in some way so for now, we let them do as they please, hunting down strays. That is until the new project is completed. Then they'll be a real nuisance."

"The Titans..." I muttered, remembering the boy in chains.

"I see the brat couldn't keep his mouth shut." He said as his grin disappeared. "I'll have to have a little talk with him. What else did he tell you?"

Now, those eyes, I was familiar with. Imposing an order while freezing you on the spot. That was a Levi-like thing. But he was my enemy, I couldn't talk. "N-nothing..."

He suddenly cupped my cheeks with one hand, and his claws caressed my skin. "Want to say that a little louder?"

"Nothing! He didn't tell me anything!" I quickly said.

If he'd squeezed my jaw any tighter, it would probably crack. "You remember what I told you about lying to me, don't you? So be a good girl and tell me what you know. Before I get angry."

The claws started digging in the flesh of my face and I blurted out. "H-he just told me that Titans were stronger than Angels! That's all!"