Under Water [chapter 6]

When Victoria had said that she had nearly frozen to death she wasn't kidding. I had bundled up with several pairs of sweat pants, multiple shirts. All the blankets and all of Victoria's blankets (she had fallen asleep before me). So when at the crack of dawn someone summersaulted into the room and began to attack Victoria and I with water guns I was not in the least pleased. Sitting up in my bed I glowered viciously at Pierce, with a flick of my wrist moister from the air formed together and rushed at the boy when I pushed my arm forward. Pierce tumbled out of the door and fell over the porch, he barely managed to grab the rope ladder to keep him from crashing to the ground.

Cursing under my breath I rolled over in the bed and dozed back off, several rays of sun were hitting my face, it felt so nice and warm. Letting out a sigh of pure joy I let my dream take me back over. It didn't last long.

I screamed in surprise when all the water I had hit Pierce with were suddenly thrusted on me, pulling me out of the bed and slamming me painfully into the wall. My eyes shot open, standing in the middle of the room was Pierce. He waved at me from under water.

I took a step at him screaming curse words that were drowned out from the fact that we were underwater, and verbally speaking underwater was impossible. Or at least I think it is.Victoria rolled over, licked her lips and fell back into a sleep. She was impossible to wake up in the mornings.

Pierce nodded his head as if he understood me then pointed at the door.

He didn't seem to understand that I wanted to do nothing more than to strangle his neck. My fists clenched at my sides, a whirlpool began to form. Pierce shook his head violently, he dropped his right arm to his side, all the water drained back into the earth. The room was dry. "You F***tard! B*****D! I was sleeping! Do you kno-"

"Shh!" He said placing a hand over my mouth, "I think we hit someone!" He then crawled out of the doggy door. Helplessly I followed him. Pierce was laying on the porch on his stomach looking threw some cracks in the wood. I followed his example and looked down. The guy from the Fire house that got kicked out was standing below us screaming things even I didn't understand. Every inch of him was on fire, the only way I could tell that water had even hit him was because the ground around him was drenched.

"Haha, Bane can suck my balls!" Pierce cheered happily, "Come on lets ditch this popsicle stand before we get fried."

"Fried?" My question was answered when fire balls were shot in our direction. Laughing Pierce grabbed my arm and pulled me along the rope bridges, he sprinted across with no fear. I stumbled but the momentum kept me going. Fire balls continued to shoot in our direction, with waves of my hand water shot up from the ground extinguishing them into steam.

"Ooh! Keep doing that!" Pierce said as we ran towards the bathrooms.

"How exactly do we plan on getting away? If we try and get down then he will be able to kill us!" I asked horrified. "Oh my god. Were going to die!"

Pierce laughed again, "You're funny. Hold on to me."

"What?" I asked, hold onto him?

Sighing Pierce wrapped my arms around his waist, he then grabbed a rope ladder and jumped.

I screamed and clung tightly to him, my stomach left me in the bathroom. The second we hit the ground we were off running again, Bane chased after us still a giant ball of fire. I was amazed that the trees and field didn't catch on fire.

"Watch out!" Pierce said, with a giant wave of his arms a giant wave came out of the ground, seized us and took us. The wave was faster than our running and took no effort from us, or at least me. Pierce looked like he was having some trouble keeping the wave intact. Bane who was still running behind us was shooting fire at the water making it dissolve.

Soon the wave was nothing and Pierce and I were stuck running out of the forest. We came out from where I had entered yesterday. Today we were running at the back of the school, in front of us were all the different classes. Several students being the nerds they are were sitting around studying for (P)SAT. They all looking up and watched us idly amused when we went sprinting by.

Pierce jumped onto someone's skate board and took off shouting 'Sucker!' at the poor kid. With a flick of his wrist water escaped a near by tree and shoved me in front of him on the board. It was as if we were in a cartoon, for a moment I wondered when Scooby would jump onto our backs. "So having fun?" He asked, now that we were on the long board more distance was being put between us and Bane. Soon enough Bane would exhaust himself out and hopefully give up, but defiantly not forever. Second day and I already made an enemy.

"Oh, so much fun." After I said it I realized I wasn't being sarcastic. I was after all with people who I didn't need to hide myself from. I could levitate water and no one would flinch. Grinning I looked up at Pierce who was waving to random people. "Do you know them?"

Laughing he shook his head 'No' We stopped in front of the library, Pierce ditched the long board and led me inside where we went to the table stacked high with books labeled 'summer reading' "Great, sodding great! We have to read three whole books in five days! How 'bout we make ourselves a deal. You can read two of them, give me a detailed description and I pretend read the other one?"

"That is so unfair."

"Right... Alright I am feeling generous, you can read all three." He grinned passing me the set of books. I didn't recognize any of the titles.

"Oh hush, just do your own work. Lazy." We told the librarian our names and she checked the books out to us. As we stepped out into the sun my pocket vibrated, I looked down confused before I remembered my phone.

555-9486 Were r u??

"Do you know who's number this is?" I asked Pierce. He snatched my phone and examined the number, "I think thats Victoria's number." He said shrugging, he pulled a phone out of his pocket, "What's your number?"

I told it to him before responding to the text 'Outside the library, who is this?' Seconds later I got a reply, 'I'm on my way. -V'

Pierce took my phone and put in his number. True to her text Victoria came walking up, "Hey guys! Where did you disappear to, Melody?"

I gave a nervous laugh and scratched the back of my neck, "Oh you know. The usual."

Pierce winked at me while nodding his head.

"Fine ass holes. Don't tell me. So who is up for a swim in the lake?" She asked grinning widely.

"Yeah!" Pierce punched his fist into the air.

Victoria linked her arm with mine, "Calm down energizer bunny it's to early, do you want to meet us there? We need to get our swim suits."

"Sure thing, catch you in a few." He stepped onto the (stolen) long board and took off down the pathway.

"Wait! You forgot your books!" I shouted, he either pretended not to hear me or was to far away.

Bending down I grabbed both our books and followed Victoria to our house.

-----

Im starting to worry that this story sounds like Harry Potter. I didn't really think about it until I was reading a MLIA about the books/movies.

OMG if anyone else here is a fellow MLIA (www.mylifeisaverage.com) fan and has a story of their own or one that they find hilarious message me! I can spend hours and hours on that sight.... in fact I do!