Chapter 1

"Come on guys! Faster!"

You said to the members of the basketball team. You need to hurry the cleaning before Captain Levi arrives or else all of them will receive a Run-Until-You-Collapse Punishment. You don't want these poor new members to faint and be brought to the clinic.

You picked the broom and clean the dusts at the corner when you saw Oluo sitting like a boss on Captain Levi's chair.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" you said with your hands on your waist.

He just stared on you with his glaring eyes and crossed legs and arms. Oluo always tried to imitate Captain Levi for some reasons. Maybe he idolize Levi or he wants everyone to take him as the new captain of the basketball team.

You knotted your eyebrows and narrowed your eyes. "This is not the right time to joke around Oluo Bozado!" you said sharply as you pinched his left ear. You heard him scream yet you just ignored him. His acting can't convince you. "How many times do I have to tell you that Captain Levi won't be replaced and for your information we have to make sure that there will be no single dust should be left here. Understand?"

"O-Okay! I get it! I'm just kidding!" You released his red ears and threw your broom on him. "Now. Clean!" And the poor Oluo started cleaning with his wrinkled face.

The basketball gym is just too large for the 12 members to clean alone. You already assigned the tasks they have to do. For now, you just wished that Captain Levi is not in his bad mood. Wait. Captain Levi is always in a bad mood. What are you saying?

You are always like this. During your free time you are here to watch the basketball team if everything's alright and clean. Captain Levi is a clean freak. He can't stand dirty places so you always make sure that everything's in the right place. You work here as a team manager so the members can't say 'no' on your every command.

Few minutes later, Gunther, an old member of the basketball team opened the door hurriedly and shouted. "Captain Levi is here!" As fast as you could, all of you kept the brooms and scrubs and fell in line. The old members on the left, the new members on the right.

You take the last minutes to take this opportunity to give some advice to the new members. "Okay guys. Once the captain is here, show respect okay? Don't show any weakness on him. I want him to see all of you to be strong. Got it?"

"Yes Manager!" they said in chorus.

The door slowly opened and there's this short man with his glaring eyes and emotionless face. His black hair suited his brown uniform and white pants. He entered the basketball gym like he wanted everyone to notice him and fear him.

"Hey Captain. Glad you're here. The cleaning just finished and we are now starting to practice." you said.

Levi may be scary to others but you don't fear him. Maybe a little, but it is because you respect him. You know him more than the others.

He looked at you in his normal expression and you smiled at him sweetly. He passed by you and faced the basketball team. You stayed at the back and watched them.

"Hey pigs" he said. He really has this impolite way of speech. "I am Levi. The captain of the basketball team. I just want to warn you that I will be the most evil captain you'll ever encounter so expect me to be rude to you. I don't want to see this gym dirty..."

You did not bother to continue in his speech and you hurriedly took your bag. You forgot that you have to go on your part time job. Levi may notice that you're not around but you're sure that he already knew that you're at you part time.

You left the gym and took a bus.

- - -

"Welcome Sir!" you automatically greeted as you hear the bell.

After being a manager, you are now a waiter in a bar far to your school. You can't be seen by anyone in your school. You don't want anyone to pity you.

For your daily lifestyle, at morning, you're a student and the president of your class. In the afternoon, you're a manager of the basketball team, while at night, you're waiter in a bar. This may be hard as it seems, but you're still thankful that this not make your life boring like everyone does.

You're the type of person who can't live without working. You're currently living with your dad and as a fireman, he can't afford that much money for your school.

It's already 1 am and it's your time to leave. You put on your school uniform and bid a goodbye to Mr. Keith. "Good bye Sir! Thank you and see you tomorrow!"

Mr. Keith did not respond but you know that he bids a goodbye to you too. He may be grumpy but he's always straight and rational.

As you closed the door you saw a silhouette of a man standing on the alley. You already knew who this man is so you pretended to not see him. The man walked beside you and you both walked together.

"You can't do that to me Petra. Don't ever leave me like that again."

"I'm sorry I didn't notice you." You joked.

"Give me your bag." the man said as he grabs your bag.

"No. I can take it all by myself." you resisted.

"No Brat! Give me that!" you hated being called as a brat so you let him take your bag. He may be a badass in font of everyone but when it comes to you, he is sweet and careful.

"You're such a bastard Levi." you mumbled. Yes. The man was Levi. Every night, after your work, he always meet you at the bar to make sure that you're going home safe.

"I know that brat."

"Stop calling me brat, Shorty." you teased.

He did not respond but he walked faster leaving you. He really hated being called as a 'shorty' that's why you understand why he behaved like that. You chuckled and say, "you really look cute when you're angry Levi." and laughed out loud.

"Come on. I want to get rest." he said and he held your hand and took the bus.

- - -

The next morning you come in class in your daily mood. The cheerful, sweet, yet bossy self. As a class president, you are now standing in front of the class to announce something."

"Okay, guys. About our incoming Field Trip, the principal agreed that we should go to National Museum, National Library, Lewis Ocean Park and the last... we are going on a ski trip!"

Everyone in the class cheered. Not because of the first announced destinations but the ski trip excites them the most. It is appropriate for the cold weather and even you can't wait to experience that exciting trip.

After class you went to the basketball gym as you prepared some juice and breads for everyone. They may not ask you but you want everyone not to starve during practice. You went to the restroom when someone bumped which made you sit on the floor.

"Ow." you said.

"Tss. Twinkle toes."

You looked up and saw Levi staring at you like you're a worm and he's a cat waiting to bite you. You make-faced and stood. Oh yes, he's such a gentleman, he did not even bother to help you.

After standing, you suddenly feel dizzy and you can't balance yourself. Wait. What's happening.

"Something wrong brat?"

"N-No. I'm okay." you said and held your head. You feel cold yet you can feel your body warm. You started walking yet it only made your body to be outbalanced. "Don't worry. I'm o---a" but before you end your sentence you felt your body collapse and everything blacked out.