Chapter Seventeen: Half Baked or Phish Food

Meredith POV

A take a seat at the counter in Joe's after a successful shift. The C went flawlessly and other from a broken ankle and some cuts and bruises, the woman was fine. She wasn't one of the hikers, she fell down a flight of stairs.

"Hey Mer," Joe muses. "What can I get you?"

"I am actually waiting for somebody," I smirk.

"Ah, is it someone we know?"

"Well, they've been here before. They just got divorced from someone you know very well. It might be a little absurd that we're dating, but you know, love is love." Right on cue, the bell over the door rings and I turn around to see ahead of red walking towards us.

"Hey Addison," Joe greets. Addie smiles and nods her head.

"So you two do know each other," I say as Addie sits down next to me.

"Yep, I've come here quite a lot," she smiles. I look at Joe and I think the switch flipped in his brain as he gives me a questioning look.

"Uh, Joe, Addie and I are dating. She's my girlfriend," I stammer nervously. It feels good to finally call her my girlfriend. It makes it feel real.

"Wow, that's great. How did that happen I thought you two hated each other," Joe smiles.

"Honestly, I don't quite know. The heart just wants what it wants I guess," Addie replies.

"I like that answer," Joe agrees. "So, what can I get for you lovely ladies?"

"Raspberry margarita with lime please," Addison requests.

"I'll have my usual," I smirk knowing Addie doesn't know my choice of alcohol. Joe nods and gets to making Addie's margarita.

"What's your usual," Addie asks.

"Tequila."

"With?"

"A shot glass."

"You mean you just take straight tequila shots," Addie gawks in disbelief. I nod and she looks at me like I'm some alien. It's both cute and hilarious. As the blender is blending away, Joe sets a shot glass in front of me and fills it with tequila. I raised my eyebrows quickly to Addie in a 'watch this' kind of way. I grab the small glass with my slim fingers and tip it back as if I've been doing it my whole life. I feel the familiar burn as it goes down, but then it quickly subsides. I slam the glass down and smile at Addie.

"Damn Grey," she says and we both chuckle. "You drink that likes it's water, how?"

"Practice. Ten years of practice." Joe sets Addie's margarita down and she eyes it before looking back at me quizzically.

"Joe, give me a shot too," she requests.

"Want training wheels," he asks. Addie furrows her eyebrows.

"Lime and salt. You're gonna want it for your first try," I explain. Addie nods and Joe gets it ready.

"So you're gonna lick it, slam it, then lime," I tell her as I'm shaking some salt onto Addie's hand. She nods nervously and I smile. She quickly licks some salt, tips the shot glass back and squeezes her eyes as she bites down on the lime taking on an awfully weird expression, the tequila face. I give her a moment to adjust herself and she turns to me as I'm smiling in amusement.

"That was good." I can't help but laugh. "Hey," she says as she playful punches my arm.

"Want another," I joke. She looks at me skeptically before answering.

"I think I'll stick to my margarita," she says, picking up her glass.

"M'kay," I shrug. "Joe, another shot?" Joe nods with a smile and gets it ready.