One

<Liza>

A year later, and I was a senior. Sam went to college, and would come and see me when he could.
But I was still here in this school.

Now that Sam was gone, my social status dropped a little. When he went, it was like he took my friends with him. Which is some what accurate, because they graduated with him.

I was walking down the hall looking at my phone, and ran into someone. I fell onto the floor, dropping everything.
"Oh God Liza, let me help."

The boy started picking up my stuff and looked up at me. There was those deep brown eyes again.

"You okay there," he said with a laugh.

I nodded. "Yeah.. thanks.."

He held out a hand to help me up, and I took it hesitantly. He lifted me with one quick move and I was now face to face with him.

"Sorry about that," he quietly said.
I looked down and realized I was still holding onto his hand between us. When I looked back up again, his eyes met mine while he bit his lip lightly.
This is wrong.
I pulled away and let go of his hand.
"I thought you graduated."
"No, I stayed back. Not because of grades, but because of um... reasons."
I nodded and tugged at the sleeve of my sweater.
"Uh.. well see you later Liza.."
"Bye.."

He ran a hand through his hair and pulled at the collar of his leather jacket as he walked away.

I looked down at my phone again and I had a text from Sam.

Hi baby. I'm coming home this weekend. I wanna see you.

I texted back.

Ok. My house?

He replied.

Sure.

Thats it. Thats all our conversations consist of.
It was like there was no love anymore, if there was any to begin with. It was blank.

But I needed him. I had to have someone love me even if he didn't and I pretended he did.

I looked through my Instagram and saw the he had tagged me in a photo.

"Can't wait to see my hometown again"

Not my girlfriend. Not Liza.
His hometown.

I rolled my eyes and liked the photo anyway. I was used to the 'not showing me love'.
He only does that when he's drunk, and alone.

I walked into the lunchroom and made my way to my regular side, the left.
The difference between the sides, none.
There was no difference. They looked the exact same.
The only thing was the people who sat there.

The left: Jocks, cheerleaders, etc.
The right: The emo kids, yearbooks staff, and the badasses.

It's a complete cliche, but it's life for us.

My friend Annika sat down beside me.
"So when is Sam coming back?"
I looked up from my lunch.
"This weekend."
It seemed like she perked up a little at my words, but she was perky all the time.

She had wavy blonde hair and sun-kissed skin. Beautiful girl, but she wasn't that smart.
I failed to see how she made it to senior year.

But here we were.

The cafeteria doors swung open, causing everyone to turn and look at them.
A band of leather jackets walked in, David being the last one in.

"Where's your girl Davey?!"
Ryan Chapel.
The loudest one of them all. He had been kicked out of three schools before this one.
"Ryan, leave him alone."
Ramsey Ford. Probably the nicest leather jacket you'll meet. He tutored my young brother when he was struggling last year.
"David's just in loooove boys."
Westin Strong. Basically the leader of the whole 'gang' thing. He and Sam were actually really good friends, until Westin flaked on the football team and joined the LJs, then Sam dropped him.

"You guys just don't get it."
And lastly, David Dobrik. A living, breathing, sex machine. Girls threw themselves at him.
But you would never find him with a girl.
I've heard so many things about David, but when we talk it's like the rumors don't exist.

People said bad things about the LJs. They drank, smoked, did drugs. But it seemed so unreal when you talked to one.
Especially David.