Four

<David>

Westin was ahead of me, I just dragged my feet. We had the drugs that I wasn't gonna touch, and we headed back to his truck.

We walked back past the house that Sam had gone into, hearing slight sobs. I picked my head up and saw the curly brown hair I loved so much leaned up against a car.
"Liza?"
She turned her head, tears streaming down her face.
"Liza!" I ran over to her and fell to my knees beside her.
The street lights lit up her face and her eyes sparkled under the salty wet tears. Even with a tear stained face and mascara running, she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

Westin ran up beside me, "What happened?"

"H-He c-cheated on m-me," she choked through her tears.
I pulled her towards me, lifting her off the ground into my arms. She wrapped her arms around my neck and sobbed into my shoulder.
She held onto me like a child.
"Shhh. It's okay baby."
She hugged me tighter as I put my hand on the back of her curls. I closed my eyes and held her.
Westin patted my back. "Bring her to the house if you need to."
He walked away and the sound of his footsteps faded until they stopped.
Liza was still holding me tight.
I pulled back a little, just enough so my eyes met hers.
"It's okay, I'm here now."
She leaned her forehead against mine and looked down at the ground.
God she was perfect.

"I knew it wasn't real. I knew he didn't love me."
"I don't see how... Everyone loves you."
"And with my best friend. Or so I thought she was my best friend."

I didn't know how anyone could bare to hurt this girl. She was so kind and pure, she deserves the world. I don't deserve her.

"I should've known..."
Another tear fell.
"Don't cry. He did a deserve someone like you anyway. You're amazing Liza."

<Liza>

"You're amazing Liza."

My heart wasn't as broken as I thought. Being there in David's arms was the best thing I had ever felt.
I moved my head up nudging his a little, letting our lips brush against each other's.
I softly kissed him and moved my hand from his neck to his jawline.
He gently kissed back and pulled me in by my waist.

It wasn't rushed. It was beautiful and more. This was something that wasn't sexual, but romantic. We weren't ripping each other's clothes off, and I enjoyed the moment. It wasn't lust, it was love.
This is what love felt like.

I was slowly figuring him out, and this was the best way to start.