01| Positive Body Image

Hello, everyone, as you can probably tell in this chapter I will be writing about body images and how to have a positive one.

90 percent of teen girls around the world admitted that if they could they would change one or more feature about themselves.

Having a negative body image is something that teens, adults, sometimes even kids struggle with. During the teenage years specifically, though, it's hard to think of yourself as beautiful or handsome. I mean the word ugly is constantly being thrown around nowadays. How could it not be hard?

What if I told you that there is no definition of beautiful, beautiful is simply an abstract word that means completely different things to different people. Society is forcing us to think that there is only one type of beautiful, that everyone else doesn't meet the standards

I'm here to tell you as a fellow teenager myself how to have a positive body image. It's not something that you can change in a day quite frankly you have to change how you see everyone, not just you. To have a positive bi you have to think highly of yourself, respect yourself, or at least now that you're a good looking person. Look in the mirror and start thinking of the unique features that you like about yourself. Maybe your eyes are a shade of brown or green that you like that's one.

What did you notice about the video that I posted? There are versions of beautiful around the world which supports my claim that there are different versions of beauty. Whether that means saying that you're beautiful in *Insert country here* or someplace else know that you're beautiful.

Now moving on to the body in body image. Many people don't like there figure or wish they could be skinner or curvier and such and such. I've noticed that everyone wishes they could be more or less. Now society is forcing us to think that the hourglass figure is the only "beautiful body shape" A few years ago society decided that being skinny was the ideal figure. That goes to show that you shouldn't listen to the trends that determine what you should look like. The trends keep changing every 5 years.

I would like to say that you should be proud and be strutting your stuff. Even if you're a stick like me you should know that you're gorgeous and your body shape was customized just for you. You really have to respect yourself to have a positive body image.

If you haven't learned anything from this you should know that in order to think positively of yourself you have to respect yourself and love yourself just the way you're. Whether that means repeating the word positive in your head 100 times or looking in the mirror and saying things that you like about yourself.

If you want me to go more in-depth with this I can make a part 2 but I was just making a general statement. This is a topic that I thought of myself so feel free to recommend topics for me to write about and I can personalize it for you if you pm your problem.