Fortunate Odds

Em had parked the car astoundingly. Both Liza and Em pranced out of the car and entered the library. "I am going to search for the latest book by Serene Clare!"says Em. Liza chooses a desolated area and sits on one of the plush chairs and starts surfing on her phone. Em searches the racks for Serene's latest novel and is overjoyed when she finds a copy of it. Em joins Liza and starts reading the novel rapidly and with impatience. Soon, Em was lost in her exciting novel. Liza happily hums a tune faintly. Suddenly, a hooded figure snatches Em's bag and starts to run away swiftly. Em instantly starts running behind him, the figure was quite fast and Em had a hard time keeping up with him. Em curses under her breath. They were running fast through the lanes of  Victorian Avenue and at last reached a deserted pathway. The hooded figure pulled out a sword and started to attack Em, Em ducked trying to  avoid the sharp blade. She punched him in his rib sending him flying backwards. The person fell unconscious and Em glanced at the person's face, it was a young man who had strange scars marked all over his face. It was a grim sight. She grabbed her bag and starting jogging down the street. Meanwhile, Liza had tried to contact Em but it was of no use. Em stopped abruptly when she was about to dash into a stranger. She looked up and saw a towering muscular figure with mesmerising blue eyes in front of her. He was also holding steadily a strangely familiar dagger. He was blocking my path and I desperately wanted to shove him but there was something about his gaze that held me captured. I finally said "Move right now" but he didn't seem to budge one bit.He simply stated "No" . I started glaring at him with hatred and rage boiling inside me but yet he seemed unaffected by it. I at last knew that this guy was not going to move so, I took another path to reach the library. It was certainly a strange day for sure.

I hope you all liked it. Do you think that hooded figure was a normal thief or was there something suspicious about this person ? You will come to know about the mesmerising blue eyed man for sure.