Part II

Part II

~.~.~.~

The news about Akashi started to spread but nobody really knew his real condition. He wanted to keep everything out of the public’s eyes. Only a couple of people were informed about this and one of those was the Generation of Miracles. Same as me, they didn't know how to take the situation at first. But ever since, they would show up in the hospital once or twice a week whenever they're all free. 

"Akashicchi~! Look what I found!" Kise raised his hand that held a short brown envelope as he entered the private room one day, followed by the other members who complained on how noisy he was. Akashi let out a sigh while I greeted them with a smile. They gathered around Akashi's bed while some sat on the couch inside the room.

Intrigue of what was the thing the blond kept on ranting about; Aomine snatched the envelope from the blond's hold. Which cause Kise to start whining. Aomine didn't mind him and opened it, eyes widening a little in surprise. "What's inside, nanodayo?" Midorima answered as he pushed his spectacles up the bridge of his nose.

"They're pictures," Momoi answered for him as she looked over Aomine's shoulder. Murasakibara grabbed the envelope and took out the other photos to pass it around. "These are back when we were in middle school?" Kuroko questioned as some pictures got to us. "Yep! It's when we all celebrated hanami festival [flower festival] together. I forgot to show it to you guys before," the blond model informed with a silly smile, placing a hand behind his head.

I scanned the photos in hand and came to halt when a certain picture caught my attention. At the lower part, 4/12 was displayed on the photo as it showed Akashi and I seated on a picnic blanket. I was staring up at some cherry blossoms as the wind sways them while Akashi has his head facing me, his eyes fixed on me. The photo was taken the same day we celebrated our very first anniversary. 

The redhead beside me took notice of it and looked at the picture longingly. "I remember this," he mumbled. I smile happily at him as he leaned to place a kiss on my forehead. A small, almost unnoticeable, smile displayed on Akashi's face afterwards.

Those days would usually pass with the room being filled by laughter, the GoM trying to fill the gaps that widen in our friendship and also, for their former redhead captain. Though, aside from us, there was someone who knew about Akashi’s sickness from the start…

A knock on the door was heard that afternoon before a nurse announced through the speaker, “Akashi-san, your father is here to visit you.” Opening the door, the brunette nurse stepped inside the room before holding the door open to let in a red haired man in his late 50’s. Afterwards, the nurse left the room immediately.

It wasn’t the first time I’ve seen his father in person yet I still felt a bit intimidated by him. Looking to my side, Akashi gave me a nod and assured me that I he would be fine. I stood up and bowed to the older Akashi as a greeting before excusing myself out to let the two of them talk privately. Leaving the room, I was able to let out the breath I didn’t noticed I was holding back in.

I didn’t know how long I was sitting on the bench outside the room when Akashi’s father walked out. He slowly shut the door behind him before turning his attention to me. He walked towards me and I immediately stood up, “Akashi-sama,” I greeted. He gave a slight nod before speaking, “He’s currently resting inside,” he informed, his voice sounded strangely tired. “Yes, thank you, sir,” I gave a small smile, bowing afterwards.