Part III

Note: Fast pace feels (I think) I tried people but I really don’t know what I’m doing. Though, just to be sure *hands you a box of tissue* 

Part III

~~~

It's ironically funny because time is counting down quicker than it should be.

"We already stopped the treatments almost 3 weeks ago, miss," the doctor informed me when I asked for the schedule of Akashi’s special medication.  “What do you mean stopped?”  I gave a confused look at him, silently asking him to explain.

 “We we’re not informed about that,” I reasoned. “I’m sorry but it was due to the patient’s request. Akashi-san was the one who wanted to stop the treatments and there is nothing we could do about it,” the doctor formally announced.

“Stopped the treatments? He knew and requested for it… but why?” I mentally questioned as I head back to Akashi’s room, pondering about it. Possibilities once again ran through my head until, “It couldn’t be—” I stopped all motion before slowly shaking my head, “No... Stop over thinking,” I reminded myself before walking, faster than before.

My worry increased at each step I take until I reached the destined room. I took a deep breath as my hand positioned to knock, as if preparing myself for something I have yet to know. Giving a few knocks, I slowly opened the door and was greeted by the sight of a familiar redhead sitting on his bed with a pocket book in hand. As he heard the door being opened, his attention quickly turned to me. “Akashi-kun,” I greeted as I stepped inside.

“How are you feeling?” I asked, standing by the bedside as I pour myself a glass of water. “Fair,” he simply answered, “Kuroko called a while ago,” Akashi informed while filliping the pages of the book he was reading, “he said that they will be coming over the day after tomorrow.”

“I see,” I mumbled after gulping the glass full and placing it back at the tray, the unsettledness still within me. I must have been too obvious with it for Akashi’s eyes gazed towards me as he asked, “Are you alright?” letting down his book on his lap.

Should I ask?

I walked to the edge of his bed as I gathered my thoughts, deciding to take the risk. “What is it that you’re hiding from me, Akashi-kun?” I questioned. The atmosphere inside the room turned heavy.   “I just went to the doctor a while ago and he told me that the treatments had been stopped… and that it was you who desired it,” my fist clenched as I took a quick breath, bracing myself.

His eyes widen for a moment before releasing a sigh, “It seems like you found out,” he spoke with gentleness. “I wasn’t planning to tell you about it any sooner,” he admitted, smiling slightly.  “You’re scaring me, you know? Please tell me what’s going on,” I plead, biting the inside of my lower lip.

Shifting his eyes away from me, his smile vanished as a thin line replaced it. “Some people from the hospital came by a month ago,” he sighed, “and they informed me about the current stage of my illness,” he continued.

"You didn’t tell me about that. You said everything was fine," my voice was starting to waver as my fear increased.

“I lied,” I was taken aback by his confession but wasn’t able to react as he continued, “They told me that my body had suddenly stopped responding to the medicines and treatments I was taking…

“The disease… It had gone worse in such a short time,” he revealed, “That’s why I requested for them to stop all the treatments, for even undergoing through those would just do nothing.”