Chapter Five

*****

Nicki walked into Trey's house and sat her bag on the couch. She took off her shoes and left them at the front door. She then took her phone from her back pocket and shot Bey a text.

I made it home. Kiss my pooh for me 😘 ~ 9:47 p.m

I will. Now go take care of your man 😝 ~9:47 p.m

Nicki laughed and shook her head.

You a mess 😂 Goodnight boo ~9:48 p.m

Lol 😏 night 💕 ~9:49 p.m

Nicki jogged up the spiral staircase and to the guest room that she was staying in. Trey had a real nice home. It was big as hell too. It had 6 bedroooms 4 1/2 bathrooms , a den , an outdoor basketball court, a bar , beautiful ass kitchen and big ass pool out back. She was speechless when she first brought him home from the hospital and even now she was still flabbergasted. She put her hair up in a messy bun and changed into some tights and a t-shirt. She turned around to see Trey leaning against the door frame.

"Aah! What the hell?! This is the second time somebody snuck up on me today. I need to buy a gun.", she said. Trey chuckled a bit.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you", he said.

She exhaled sharply and held her chest. "Why are you so damn quiet?"

He shrugged. "I didn't know I was. I'm glad you made it here safely though. I was getting kind of . . worried."

"Worried because?", she asked.

"Well it was getting dark and you kinda took a while to get here.", he said.

"Sorry, I just picked my niece up and couldn't put her down. I missed her a lot.", she put her phone on the charger.

"And I missed you.", he mumbled but she heard him.

"You missed me?"

His eyes got wide. "You heard me?"

She laughed at his facial expression. "Yes, I heard you."

He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Um . . The pizza here. I ordered it and it came just before you got here. It's in my room.", he changed the subject.

"That means you were on the steps.", Nicki said. "I thought I told you to stay away from the steps."

Trey laughed nervously. "Uhhh. Aight yeah, I was on the steps but I was careful."

"Doesn't matter. I'm taking care of you so do as I say.", she punched him in the chest.

"Damn, you a lil heavy handed.", he rubbed his chest and frowned. Nicki shook her head and made her way to his master bedroom. When she entered, it was a box of pizza on his king sized bed and the movie "Twilight" was playing on the 60 inch tv hanging on his wall.

"I'm confused. You like twilight?", Nicki glanced at him.

Trey laughed. "Hell nah, but I know you do so that's why it's on."

Nicki smiled not realizing that she shared so much about herself to him already. She climbed onto his bed and folded her legs, getting comfortable. She opened the box of pizza and took a whiff of the smell.