*14*

I have to admit this second pregnancy was a lot easier than my first one, most of the time I forgot I was pregnant he was such a quiet and peaceful baby and his kicks were gentle, Criss took me to every single doctor's appointment because he wanted to know first hand that his lil boy was alright, and growing perfectly without any complications. I kept physically fit and ate only the healthiest foods with the exception of eating ice cream and pizza every now and then when I craved it. I miraculously never had morning sickness this time around either, which was a blessing. Criss had his brothers and Klayton over to the house almost every day working on the new nursery and baby boys room that was right beside Angie's room, to where they could share a bathroom when he was old enough.

I wanted to pitch in and help out, but Criss refused to let me go in to see it until he and the guys had it complete. Because he said it was a surprise. So I went downstairs and erased the thought from my mind, and made them some dinner instead because after all the noises and cursing I heard I knew they would have enormous appetites. Angela has been staying over at Abby's house helping with her two newborn cousins that way she would be better prepared and know what to do when her little brother came, so she could help. JD finally got the time away from his working and decided to make time to marry Rachel, because he was tired of waiting and making excuses. Kim told JD that was actually a very awesome thing that he proposed to her, because Costa had proposed to her a few days before, and was thinking that a grand double wedding would be awesome, and hitting two birds with one stone.

It was while Criss was at work that I got a phone call that I never thought I'd get, my mother called and said that she and my father were heading there to visit and vacation. I told her very quickly that after all the shit that my dad pulled before Criss and I were married, he and the rest of the family said he was not welcome with us, and I added hotly that I didn't want to see him either, and I sure didn't want my daughter learning that her maternal grandfather is the biggest asshole/prick that walked the planet...and almost killed her before she was born when he found out that I was pregnant with her. My mom pleaded with me to let her get a chance to meet her granddaughter, because she no longer had the same feelings as her father did, and it wasn't fair to her to be cut out of the family. Then she added that her father has mellowed out a whole lot since I've been happily married, without having any problems at all.

I sighed irritably and told her that I would talk to my husband and see what he says, then I added that I wasn't going to go against my hubby's wishes, and what he says goes, end of story. My mother said she understood that and could respect that, then she said that they were halfway there and when they made it to Vegas they would be staying at the Treasure Island Casino and Resort, just because it was one of the cheapest, and wait for her call with the final response, then she said goodbye and hung up with me. I slightly whistled to myself and dreading that talk with my husband because I knew how he felt about my parents, and I knew his Greek temper would flare up and I would be running for the door. Especially after what I had to put up with, before and after I met Criss.

But I gave her my word that I would talk to him, so I went to the kitchen and decided to make a very nice early dinner for when Criss came home I could help him wind down, and relax before I got him all riled up again with the conversation. As soon as Criss came in the house and all the dogs let me know he was home, I ordered them all outside and shut the doggie door down so we wouldn't be bothered while we ate because I already fed our furbabies. But when Criss entered the house the door slammed shut and he was already pissed off about something...I finished setting the table and hollered to him what was wrong that he would be slamming shit around. Criss came in and looked very angrily at me and told me when I was going to tell him that my fucking parents were in Vegas again!!

I looked at him and told him I didn't know until about 10 minutes ago when my mother called and told me, but she told me they were only halfway here, not already in the city. Criss looked right at me as he held both of my shoulders and told me they were absolutely NOT Fucking welcome here! I slid down in the chair and said well at least I don't have to worry about having the dreadful conversation, beens he brought it up. Because my mother was asking me if she could come over and visit us and get to know her granddaughter. Then I added that she need not get her hopes up because I told her already how he felt about them. 

Criss kissed me on the lips and told me I got that right, and the answer is no. Because he is not going to allow his daughter learn all the terrible shit that I had to go thru to keep him and her, and that her own twisted grandfather tried to kill her by knocking you harshly to the ground in a burst of anger, while I was pregnant with her. Criss sat down and asked if I would grab a beer from the fridge for him because he could really use one. I kissed him on the cheek and went to the fridge and brought it out for him, then I sat down and we ate in total silence, other than Criss telling me how amazing dinner was this time.