Gumlee [One Shot]

[ In case you didn't read the description: Tragedy Warning ]

Buzz

Buzz

Buzz

Buzz

I groan and throw my arm out from beneath the warm cave that was my covers. After repeatedly slamming the palm of my hand in various places on the night stand I finally hit the snooze button.

Sighing with satisfaction I pull my arm back into my cave of blankets, and try to sleep again.

Buzz

Buzz

Buzz

This time my groans sound more annoyed as I hit aimlessly, but more aggressively trying to find the snooze button again. This time when I find it I emerge from my cocoon of blankets by tossing them angrily to the side. I go to the alarm clock and turn off the alarm so it won't go off again.

I stumble across the room and enter the bathroom switching on the light; it burns my eyes and I blink rapidly. After my sore eyes adjust I begin my daily morning routine of: brushing my teeth, washing my face, and putting on deodorant. This woke me up more so I was able to get ready at human speed instead of snail.

Fifteen minutes later I was dressed in: white skinnies, pink plaid, (shirt rolled up to my elbows) white beanie, pink vans. My dyed light pink hair was styled so only some in the front stuck out from beneath the beanie.

I walk sluggishly down the stairs in a fowl mood. "Hey sweetie." My maid: Peppermint says once I enter the kitchen.

"Hey." I reply back glumly heading towards the toaster, and putting a piece of bread in.

"You alright dear?" She asks with slight worry in her voice. Peppermint has been with me ever since I was little, I don't remember much about my childhood. Just that my parents are dead, and Peppermint raised me. I love her so much, and treat her as my mother.

"Yeah, just... Tired." I say taking the toast out of the toaster, and begin to smear grape jelly on it.

"Oh alright." She says. Although she's considerably older than me I'm way taller than her short 5'1 frame. She has bright red dyed hair, and is as pale as can be. Shes very small and delicate, and looks only to be in her late twenties although she's in her late thirties.

I eat the last bits of my toast, and head out the door calling back a goodbye to Peppermint.

Its cold out as I walk to my car, good thing I brought a small jacket. I arrive at the school in fifteen minutes top. Getting out I see only a couple people standing in groups with very sorrowful faces, and some full out bawling.

"Whats going on?" I ask walking up to a group of strangers, they only shake their heads refusing to say anything. Confused I turn around only to hear my name.

"Bubba! Bubba!" I turn around to see a very distraught tear stained face Fionna.

"Fionna? What's wrong? Whats going on? Why is everyone upset?"

She shakes her head, "B-Bubba..."

"Shh, calm down. Its okay." I try to comfort her by patting her back, her painful sobs soften.

"So... Whats going on?"

"I-its M-Marshall." She breaths shaking violently.

Marshall?

"What about Marshall...?" I ask hesitantly, all of a sudden dreading her answer.

"He... He swallowed pills."