Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Katou's POV

It's really early in the morning and I have everything set up for today!

My garden is huge so I got a giant yellow checkered picnic blanket and plastic tables to set up food and drink and THE CAKE!

My master piece... Sanji would be so proud!

It's really big, like a wedding cake. I don't know why but I had lots of mixture so I made three layers. Green frosting and white sugar pearls.

I wrapped his present early too!

I put it in a green box with a cream coloured bow.

"Something is missing..." I pondered looking at the little fairy lights, colourful lanterns and white and green balloons scattered randomly.

"Oh that's right!" I reached into the box and scattered the confetti everywhere. Now it's a party. We just need the birthday boy.

I put a party hat on (you know those pointy looking ones) and ran as fast as I could to the school to get Zoro.

It's ten o'clock so he should be there by now.

Today everything I'm wearing is green and aqua. Aqua jeans, green long sleeve shirt, green doc martins and an aqua high thick belt that sat at my waist.

I ran into the classroom and threw confetti everywhere and shouted. "Happy birthday to Zoro! Happy happy birthday!"

I ran to him and he looked shocked, I laughed at him and pulled him out of his chair. "I have something for you! Let's go! Follow me!" "What are you doing?!" Zoro said looking at the party hat on my head. "Please just follow me!"

We reached my house and I told him to close his eyes as we walked around the side of the house.

"Open your eyes!" I said excitedly jumping up and down not able to wait to see his reaction.

"Oh my god..." His eye were wide as saucers.

"But there is more!"

I took off the silver plate cover to reveal a three layer rum cake.

"You did this all for me?" He asked face turning from shocked to smiling.

"Yup! Everything you see here I cooked myself! That's why I wasn't at school yesterday!"

I put a party hat on his head and laughed.

"You missed navigation class to set up a party for me? No one has ever done anything that kind for me..." He looked into my eyes, still smiling.

"I had a feeling... That's why I did it, today you're eighteen and that's a day to remember, you're now an adult! And if I was just going to celebrate my eighteenth birthday by sitting in class doing nothing then I would be really upset."

He wrapped his arms around me and I'm lucky he couldn't see my face because I was blushing bright red.

"I have never hugged anyone in my life and then I met you and I seem to be doing it a lot of the time. Why is that?" Zoro asked me still not letting go.

"The cake is rum!" I avoided the question managing to get free of his freakishly strong grasp (though not really since seeing him lift those weights).

"How much rum did you put in it?" He asked sitting on the blanket.

"A whole bottle of Captain Morgan! Happy birthday Zoro," "oh dear god, you put a whole bottle in?" He hit his forehead with the palm of his hand in exasperation.