Chapter 6: Operation Hailfire

Chapter 6: Project Hailfire

Kai gave a signature smirk as his elemental dragon approached Chen's Island. The cool wind blew lightly through his still uncombed hair as he did a flip off of his dragon, and the elemental creature disappeared into a bunch of floating embers. His feet made contact with the island ground, and Kai breathed in the fresh air.

Skylor had done a good job with the place.

After the ninja's encounter with the Hands of Time, Skylor had decided to bring the elemental masters together for the first time since Chen's attempt to bring back the Anacondai Wars. She had turned her deceased father's cult island into a place of peace and training. All of the elemental masters lived and trained on the island, which was now renamed Brotherhood Island. The name idea had come from Griffin Turner, who saw his fellow elemental masters as his brothers and sisters.

As Kai walked onto the palace grounds, Kai felt something tug on his left leg, and a small sound echoed from around him. An alarm went off, and Kai watched as a streak of white and red ran towards him at unspeakable speeds, and caught the Red Ninja in a headlock.

"H-hey!" Kai protested, fighting back. "Watch where you're pointing that elbow!"

"Why should I give you mercy, trespasser?" Turner demanded, tightening his grip on Kai.

"Dude, I'm on your side!" Kai argued, fighting against Turner's surprisingly strong hold.

"That's what anyone would say!" Turner shot back, his lips moving fast, as did the rest of his body. "Time for a super speed noogie!"

Kai's eyes widened and he could almost swear he heard Turner's fist clench. "N-no!"

"Enough!" A familiar feminin voice shouted from behind the two elemental masters. The woman walked over to them, a certain strut in her walk. Her bold and wavy read hair brushed gently from side to side, and her lips formed into a small smile. "Good to see you again," her voice slightly sharp yet kind.

Kai managed to turn his eyes toward the woman, and his mouth dropped a little. "Skylor?"

The orange and maroon clad girl giggled a bit, carefully removing Turner's arms from Kai. As soon as Turner back away a bit, Skylor took in the sight of the red ninja on the ground in front of her.

"My word, Kai, you've changed a bit, haven't you?" All the while she continued giving off that sweet smile.

"Oh-oh yeah!" Kai mumbled, spiking his hair a bit and attempting to make himself half presentable. "S-so have you!"

Skylor rested a hand on her hip and sighed. "Come on, hot tamale, we'd better get inside before those creeps spot us." She turned and walked into the palace, and Kai followed close behind.

"When we first received word that the Overlord had returned, we knew it was time that the elemental masters finally joined together once more for the greater good," Skylor spoke calmly as she led Kai through the palace.

"We were forced to seek refuge here after our first assault on the Overlord's warriors...failed." Skylor looked down sadly. "We lost Camille."

"W-wait, she died?" Kai, ignoring his manners, burst out, his eyes wide in shock.

"No, but she could be for as much as we know." Skylor's voice cracked a bit at that last statement. "She was dragged off by those monsters, leaving her crying in terror...First Spinjitzu Master, help that girl..."

"Oh..." Kai muttered, looking down at the floor as well.

"So, we've been forced to sit here and do nothing because we can't do anything!" Skylor almost yelled, as the two elemental masters approached the throne room. "We're sitting ducks. Its only meer luck that the Overlord hasn't already found us here."