The Results Are In

I called Makenzie right away to tell her.  About 2 minutes later she showed up on my door step, panting and out of breath.  "I ran... strait here... let's open it," She said between breaths.  I ran upstairs to get my laptop.  Whe we opened the e-mail the top said "The Results Are In!" 

We scrolled down past the part where it talked about the wonderful entries, and the difficulty of choosing a winner.  Then at the bottom it had a video of One Direction announcing the winner.  I clicked play.  The speakers erupted with hellos and his and ,yes, a Vas happenin'!  "We have had a blast reading all of these entries.  But we have to have a winner," Liam said.

"We have decided to not only give a special concert in the winner's hometown, but we also have a special suprise," Niall said.  I could feel Makenzie grab my arm and squeez really tight, but I didn't care.  I was to focused on the video.

"After we announce the winner, we will read the winning essay, so please keep watching," Zayn said.  I wish they would just announce the winner.  Makenzie looks like she might explode and her hand is cutting off the feeling in my arm.  I am also dying to know if I wrote a good enough essay.

"The time has come, for us to announce the winner.  Congradulations to..." I held my breath.  "Allie Shay and Makenzie Benson!" Louis screamed.  We secramed at the top of out lungs.   Makenzie let go of my arm so we could get up and jump around.  I was so happy.  One Direction was coming to Cedar Rapids!  And it was all because of me.  I could meet them. 

My dad heard the screaming and came to see what the matter was.  "We won!" was all I could say.  After about ten minutes we finally came back down to earth and explained what happened. "So how do you get the date set?  Are they going to call?" my dad asked.  Of coarse he would think of this stuff.  He was that type of person.

"I guess.  It's the first show of the tour so, yeah I guess,"  I said. 

About an hour later, the phone rang.  When I answered it was the contest sponserers.  "Is this Allie Shay and Makenzie Benson?" a man asked. 

"This is Allie," I said. "How can I help you?" I asked.

"This is Ryan Thomas from allonedirection.com.  Have you recived our e-mail giving you the news?"

"Yes. Makenzie and I are reallt excited."

"Good.  We would like to know the location of the arena we will be sending the crew to so they can check it out, and possibly look for a new location in Cedar Rapids if there is an issue. " Ryan explained.

I gave him the address.  He told me that they would be here next Sunday to check things out and that we shoud meet them at 2 p.m.  I called Makenzie to tell her.

"Are the guys coming, or just part of the crew?" she asked.

"Excited much?  I think it's just the crew.  All they are doing is checking out the venue.  Why would the guys need to come?" I asked

"To meet us, to find cool hang-outs to go while they are here, to see the venue, to tell us the suprise...  Need I go on?"

"Fine.  But don't get  your hopes up, we don't know yet." I told her.

"I can't wait for Sunday.  This still doesn't feel real.  We are going to meet The One Direction!  Eek!" Makenzie gushed.  Now all we have to do is wait for Sunday.

All week Makenzie and I were on the news, talked about at school, and super excited.  Everybody was excited.  This was the first big famous group to come to Cedar Rapids.  Everybody was asking when the show was going to be.  The second tour date was June 28 so it had to be before then.  We wanted it to be in summer break.  The last day of school is June 4, so we were good there.  My birthday is June 20, and Makenzie's is June 22.  We really wanted it to be the 21st so it would be for our birthday, which is even better.

We are both going to be 17.  We reallt aren't your typical 17 year olds.  We don't use bad language, because there is no need.  Really, it just makes you spont like an idiot most of the time.  We don't drink, not only because we are under age, but because we don't feel the need to get wasted and make ourselves act like idiots.  We don't hook up with every guy we see because we don't want to be treated like dolls.  Weird, right?

We are clean, wholesome girls.  We have our fun at movies, sporting events, going out to eat, etc.

Finally it was Saturday.  Makenzie came over to discuss plans for tommrow.  We even picked out our outfits.  We are so excited that neither of us can sleep. We finally fall asleep around 2 a.m.

We wake up at 9 a.m. t get ready.  Finally we head out to meet the crew around 1 p.m.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my first story.  Please leave feedback and try to spread  the word so people read it?

Not a good/long chapter.