young dumb & broke

jungkook pov

"So you're graduating next week, right son?" my dad sat me down on our living room couch to have a discussion.

"Yes."

"And soon you will have to leave for America," he folded his hands together, gaze focused on his lap for a moment.

"Yes, to MIT to pursue accounting."

"I'm so proud of you, Jungkook-ah," my dad wrapped a strong arm around my shoulders, laughing heartily as water began to drip out of the corners of his eyes, "You've come so far."

"Thank you, Appa," I smiled sincerly, as I began to feel tears behind my eyes, too.

--

(still jk pov)

"You're leaving for America in a month," Jimin's eyes began to water as he snuggled into my side.

We were in his bed, again.

"Come with me, hyung," I sat up slowly, pulling my sleepy teacher up with me.

"You know I can't," his blonde hair stuck up in odd places as I brushed the dyed locks back.

He looked especially beautiful in the morning.

"Why are you staring?"

"Come to America with me baby," my bare chest touched his, and warm tingles invaded my body as I faced him.

His eyes were closed, eyelashes tickling his pink tinted cheeks, plump lips stretching into a smile.

"Okay."

I kissed him senseless.

--

(jimin pov)

"Jimin, there's no way you're going with him to America."

"Hyung, I love him."

The pale man sighed softly, banging his head against the coffee table softly.

"You're an idiot."

"I know."

I sighed softly. I couldn't afford to live in America like Jungkook could. I was living off of a teacher's salary, and there was no gaurentee of a better job in America.

If I could even get a job.

"Hoseok didn't get accepted into MIT."

"Seriously?" my head buzzed at the new information. I haven't spoken with Hoseok since the last math NHS meeting.

"Yeah, he came to my classroom to talk about it," Yoongi smiled softly, gummy smile causing a warm feeling to swarm inside me.

"Is he in one of your classes? I've never seen you two together," I sipped my coffee carefully as I waited for a response.

"Ran into him in the hallway, been emailing him ever since."

I raised my eyebrows at his response.

"You're into him?"

Yoongi coughed violently, causing me to hit his back to help him recover.

I smiled at the blushing male.

"I'm not."

"You so are."

"Oh shut up, you're so far up Jungkook's ass I bet you chew his food."

"Hyung that's gross."

"You know it's true."

"What should I do?" I rubbed my temples rather aggressively, torn between the love of my life and reality.

"I could help you with the expenses-" Yoongi began to speak.

"Are you serious? That would be amazing! Thank you so mu-"

"I wasn't finished."

I closed my agape mouth slowly.

"What do you want hyung?"

"One last date with you."

My eyes bulged out of my head.

"You're serious?"

The mint-haired's expression didn't once falter.

"Yes. I miss you," his lips were turned downwards slightly, eyes soft.

A warm feeling began swarming inside my chest again, traveling to the tips of my fingers that were tapping anxiously on my thighs.

"Okay."

"I guess you're going to America then, Jimin."

"I guess I am," I smiled through my mixed emotions.

"You're coming with me?" I engulfed Jimin in a hug, tackling him into the couch.

"Hey hey," my hyung laughed, brushing my wild hair back with his hands.

"I applied for a job as a math professor at MIT, and a potential foreign language professor. But I haven't gotten anything back yet."

My chest felt tight, "You will soon. Who wouldn't want to hire you?"

"A lot of people."

"You lie," I laughed heartily, kissing his cheek.

"You're cute, Gguk."

"I love you."

My hyung's eyes went wide, sitting up as he held me by my shoulders.

"Say that again."

"I love yo-"

And the next second I was being pinned down against the cushions of Jimin's leather couch.

"I've loved you for so long Jeon Jungkook."

His eyes were closed now, lips parted slightly as he said the words I've been waiting to leave his lips, "I love you."

I was in euphoria. Was this Heaven?

And he opened his eyes.

We shared an intimate gaze, brown eyes staring back at hazel colored ones. I saw the love and strength within his eyes as I stared into the stars.

"You're perfect," my hands rubbed up and down his upper arms, smiling at my boyfriend.

"I'm nothing close to it." 

I shook my head slowly, running my hands through Jimin's hair. 

"I'm gonna miss you so much," Jimin sighed sadly, burying his face into my chest. 

"You won't have to miss me."

"Why?" his voice came out muffled and scratchy. 

"Because you're coming with me."

"You can't gaurentee that." 

"Well I can hope, can't I?" Jimin's head popped up, hazel eyes droopy. 

"I think hope is all we've got at this point."