Midnight

Donghyuck stopped Mark from going away. Mark startled when he felt a hand being wrapped around his wrist and quickly turned his head to face the red cheeks belonging to his best friend.

"M-Mark I-" Donghyuck started to say, but interrupted himself with sigh. "I like you".

Donghyuck felt as the heavy weight he's been carrying for years started to get lighter. He finally got that out of his chest. He lifted his sight and saw Mark stare at him with soft eyes. Will his relationship with him be possible after all? His lips started to curve and his white teeth were shown. He started to blush, he was happy, tremendously happy. But then he saw as Mark's soft expression became into a mocking one. He lifted up his index finger and pointed at him. He burst out of laughter. Donghyuck's favorite sound became into his worst nightmare.

"He likes me! He likes me!" He started to mock Donghyuck between giggles.

People started gathering around them, pointed and made laugh of Donghyuck. He felt how his eyes started to fill with tears.

"I don't like you back Donghyuck, I never will." Mark got closer and flicked him on his forehead. "Faggot".

Donghyuck felt the last word coming out of his mouth slowly, listening to every vowel and consonant carefully and seeing how they came out from his lips. He felt something hitting his back so hard, he fell to the floor.

There's when he woke up, breathing like he was holding his breath for hours. He felt his heart pounding faster than usual and he noticed the sweat all over his body. It was just a bad, bad dream. He cupped his face while he caught his breath. He rubbed his eyes and decided to go wash his face.

He got to the bathroom and splashed his face. He stared at his image in the mirror. He slapped himself, how could be thinking like that? It's not like he was going to confess to him anyway. "I guess it's just another signal for me to not do so. I won't and never will." He thought.

Once returned to his not so comfortable sleeping place, which was the floor by the way, he stared at Mark a little. He contemplated one of his hands, which was hanging from the bed. It was soft, he knew it because he was actually holding it. His eyes traveled from his hand to his face. He had a very innocent and pure face, maybe because he was. He observed his swollen cheeks and his closed eyes. His lips were slightly apart and Donghyuck stared at them for a long time. He wanted to kiss him so bad. He was about to, but as he got closer, he recalled his dream.  He decided to go for a small peck on his cheek.

"Good night, Mark." Donghyuck said as he settled in his sleeping bag.
"Did you say something?" A somnolent voice spoke.
"M-Mark, you were awake? For how long?"
"I heard my name, that's all." Mark said as he changed his position. "Why are you awake?"
"I-uh, I had a bad dream"
"Are you ok?"
"Yeah I'm fine"
"What was the dream about?"

Donghyuck gulped, his hands started to sweat.

"I-uh, I don't remember"
"Well that's a bummer"
"I was scared to death man"
"It's never too late for horror stories"

He was right, it was never too late. But this time, it was too soon.

Mark came down from his bed and laid next to Donghyuck. They both sighed as they stared at the ceiling. Mark turned his head to Donghyuck and contemplated his perfect nose and his chocolate eyes, which turned to Mark's. They smiled at each other. Mark giggled and looked to their feet. Donghyuck soon did the same thing. He kicked Mark's leg, who, in response, looked at Donghyuck with a puzzled expression written on his face.

"Idiot." Donghyuck said, thinking about the events occurred in his dream.
"What? Why?" Mark was even more confused.
"I ask myself the same everyday, I guess that's how you were born"
"Fuck you." Mark pushed Donghyuck.
"Oh c'mon I know you love me." Donghyuck caught Mark on a hug.
"Let go!" Said Mark while trying to set himself free from Donghyuck's grip.
"You might run away if I do"
"I won't, I promise"
"You do?"
"I do." Said Mark while raising his pinky finger.

Donghyuck wrapped Mark's finger with his, consolidating their promise. Mark gave a big yawn and closed his eyes.

"You're going to sleep?" Donghyuck asked
"M-hm"
"But this is my place"
"Promised I wouldn't run away, didn't I?"

Donghyuck smiled at his reply.