My Persona's True Form-Chapter 23: Amazing at Being Awkward

Chapter 23

I ease myself into the change of clothes. There's sand all over the tile floor. I sigh and pick up my bikini. I twirl it around my fingers. The t-shirt I'm wearing is warm and soft. I washed it right before we left. I open the door carefully and slip out, wary not to let the guys peep on the naked girls. I look over at Yosuke, Yu, Kanji, and Teddie. Their eyes seem to pop out of their heads when they see what I'm wearing.

Yu: No pants, eh...?

Me: Nah...

I lay on the bed next to him and close my eyes. I hear the door crack open. Naoto emerges in a t-shirt only as well. However, her's is bigger than mine. I can nearly see her bra through the sleeves. I tug at a strand of my wet hair, caressing my lips with it, moistening them. One by one, the girls emerge from the steamy-hot bathroom.

Yosuke: Hey, girls.

Yukiko: Hey, Yosuke.

I sigh and plug my earbuds into my ears. My eyes feel heavy. I fumble around with my iPod until I plug it in and press the play button. Soft music plays, and I'm lulled into a deep slumber. 

8:00 p.m.

I awake with everyone staring over at me. My t-shirt has risen past my bellybutton, exposing my underwear.

Me: Shit. Sorry.

Yosuke: We were waiting to see how long it'd take you to wake up and realize you tossed and turned until your shirt rose. Nice underwear by the-

Me: Yosuke. Shut up if you don't mind.

I press my fingers to my temple. My head's killing me.

Me: You guys eat dinner yet?

Rise: No, we were gonna wait until you were awake.

Me: Thanks, but I'm not hungry.

I walk over to the sliding door. I slide it open, revealing a breathtaking view of Port Island. I step outside onto the balcony and shut the door behind me. I lean out on the balcony ledge, taking in the sights. House lights twinkle like starlight. I hear the door slide open and closed behind me. Yu stands in the cold May moonlight. He holds a Tylenol and a glass of water in his right hand.

Yu: I thought you might want a pill for your headache. 

Me: Thanks. How could you tell I had a headache?

Yu: I get 'em alot too.

I feel the wind kick in, blowing against my legs. I feel my legs break out in goosebumps. Yu moves closer to me and wraps his arms around me. I feel my face go hot. 

Yu: Aren't you cold...?

Me: Yeah. Thanks...

Yu: Mhm...So. I was thinking. You don't have to share the bed with me. I can just like sleep on the floor or something if you're uncomfortable.

Me: No, it's fine!

I feel my face go jalapeño hot. Yu unwraps his arms from around me. The wind ruffles my t-shirt, causing it to billow around my legs. I shiver. I ease my weight into a wooden patio chair beside me. It creaks underneath my weight, only slightly. My underwear is exposed a little, because my legs are parted across the seat. I look down, blushing, then cross my legs. Yu creaks into the seat across a metal table from me.